Delicious, easy and quick Beef Mozzarella Spinach Quesadillas ! Serve for dinner or great for lunch with gooey cheese, ground beef, spinach and more !
Quesadillas must be one of the quickest, easiest and most versatile meals. You could really fill two tortillas with anything and have a rich (or not) meal as you would like.
But as with most recipes, there had to have been the first Quesadilla, which as I see things would then be the actual authentic recipe.
A quick glance at the ingredients list (full printable recipe lower down in card):
- exta-virgin Olive Oil
- Chili Flakes
- Lean Ground Beef
- Salt and Pepper
- Can Chili Beans
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Spinach
- Large Tortillas
- Cheddar Cheese
These Beef Mozzarella Spinach Quesadillas are perfect for dinner.
Or slice them into smaller wedges, and they are just fine for lunch as well – especially as a special kid’s lunch after school, perhaps.
What I love most about this recipe, is that the Quesadillas are almost just as delicious cold, as when served warm, out of the oven.
Feel free to add more Cheddar cheese to the top ! In our house, the more cheese, the better – always !
More dinner recipes with Ground Beef you might like:
- Turkish Meatballs
- Amish Country Casserole
- Easy Shepherd’s Pie
- Coca-Cola Meatballs
- Quick and Easy Nachos
Connect with us :
Beef Mozzarella Spinach Quesadillas
- 2 TB extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 t Garlic, crushed
- 1/4 t Chili Flakes
- 450 grams Lean Ground Beef, ( 1 pound )
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 can (400 grams) Chili Beans, ( 14 oz can )
- 3 cups Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 4 Handfuls of Fresh Spinach, cleaned and chopped roughly
- 4 Large Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 deg C (325 deg F) – line two baking sheets with baking paper
- Heat the Oil and saute the Onion, Garlic and Chili Flakes until soft and fragrant – add the Ground Beef and cook until done – season to taste with Salt and Pepper
- Add the Chili Beans and cook another 2 minutes – remove from heat
- Place a Tortilla on each lined baking sheet – sprinkle half the Mozzarella Cheese over the two Tortillas – place a layer,1/2 of the Spinach over the Mozzarella, followed by the meat mixture – add another layer of Spinach and the remaining Mozzarella
- Top each stacked Tortilla with the remaining two Tortillas – sprinkle with Cheddar and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until the edges are crispy and the cheese has melted
- Slice into wedges and serve
- Servings are for 4 adults
Serving Size1/2 Quesadilla
Amount Per Serving Calories 883Total Fat 48gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 180mgSodium 1289mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 6gSugar 8gProtein 64g
Nutrition value is not always accurate