Quick and easy Nachos is a longtime family favorite and always on request ! 20 – 25 Minutes – start to serving !
So, while I have crafting on my brain lately, I was gently reminded that the other people in the house still needed to eat ! Oh, yeah … how could I forget !!
This quick and easy Nacho recipe is my absolute favorite go-to meal when I need dinner on the table in a flash.
All everyday ingredients, nothing strange or exotic, but it sure tastes great.
From start to serving, this dish only takes 20 – 25 minutes and it is always a hit.
My family would request this easy Nachos dish frequently, and now and then I run out of proper Nachos, but I always have Doritos in the pantry.
I actually prefer using Doritos to Nachos, even though it is not really Nachos any longer, or does it still count ?
Anyway, up to you, whether you use Nachos or Doritos (the cheese flavored), your family will happily finish their dinner.
You can also serve this dish as an appetizer. Or as a Game Day snack – enjoy as a dip, with extra Nachos or Doritos.
If you serve this as an appetizer or Game Day treat, you can easily up the servings to about 8 – 10 people. However, I think 6 people will still finish this off in no time at all !
More Quick and Easy recipes you might like:
Quick And Easy Nachos
- 200 g Nachos, ( 7 oz ) or Dorito Chips
- 450 g Lean Ground Beef ( 1 pound )
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 can (410g) Mexican Style Tomatoes ( 14 oz can )
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Gouda Cheese, grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 1/2 - 1 cup Guacamole, store bought or homemade
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – spray a cast iron ovenproof pan with cooking oil
- Arrange the Nachos/Doritos in the bottom of the pan – set aside
- Cook the Ground Beef until done – season with Salt and Pepper – add the can of Tomatoes – let cook for 2 minutes – spoon the meat mixture on top of the Nachos/Doritos
- Place spoonfuls of the Sour Cream on top of the meat – sprinkle both Cheeses over
- Transfer the ovenproof pan to the oven for about 10 minutes – until the Cheese has melted and is bubbly
- Remove from the oven – top with the Guacamole – sprinkle the Tomato and Onion over
Amount Per Serving Calories 664 Total Fat 43g Saturated Fat 17g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 21g Cholesterol 142mg Sodium 860mg Carbohydrates 30g Fiber 4g Sugar 6g Protein 39g
Serve warm and enjoy !