Very tasty BBQ Pulled Beef Sandwiches made with beef short rib and cooked in the Slow-Cooker – always a winner with the coleslaw
What a wonderful sandwich ! The meat is so tender and full of flavor. And paired with the crunchy coleslaw which has a tinge of tartness, it is the perfect sandwich for all ages.
The beef short rib is ideal to use in this recipe for BBQ Pulled Beef Sandwiches. And a huge bonus for cooking the meat in the slow-cooker !
Besides browning the meat (which only takes a couple of minutes) the meat and marinade/sauce is thrown together in no time at all.
You can let the meat cook, and about 15 minutes before it is done cooking, make the coleslaw. The meat is fall-off-the-bone tender, therefore you won’t have to spend too much time shredding the meat.
The coleslaw is delicious on it’s own as well, so if you have any left (or make a double batch!) have it the following day for lunch with some cold meat.
I have to be honest, I think the creamed Horseradish makes this coleslaw a winner !
One of these sandwiches may not look like much, but it is very filling and I could only manage one (but, I did go back for seconds later!).
Such a great sandwich to serve for lunch, on game day or as a light dinner.
You might also like these delicious Slow-Cooker recipes:
- Oxtail (Slow-Cooker)
- Paprika Beef Casserole
- Slow-Cooker Beef Ravioli
- Best Slow-Cooker Pot Roast
- Chili Cowboy Casserole (Slow-Cooker)
Connect with us :
BBQ Pulled Beef Sandwiches (Slow-Cooker)
- 1.5k g Beef Short Rib, ( 3 1/2 pounds )
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, quartered
- 4 t Garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup BBQ Marinade (your favorite brand or homemade)
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce (thick ketch-up for USA readers)
- 1/2 cup Cider Vinegar
- 1 can (400g) Whole Tomatoes
- 2 TB Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 TB Ground Coriander
- 1 TB Paprika
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Bourbon (optional)
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 2 cups Red Cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 cups White Cabbage, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup Parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 Red Onion, finely sliced
- 1 Carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 TB Horseradish,creamed type
- 1/2 cup Greek style Yogurt
- 12 Buns, halved
- BEEF: Heat the Olive Oil – season the Short Rib with Salt and Pepper – brown in the Olive Oil – transfer the meat to a marinade container
- SAUCE/MARINADE: Place all the ingredients for the Sauce in a blender – blitz until smooth – pour over the meat – marinate for at least an hour (or overnight, as I usually do)
- Pre-heat the slow-cooker on HIGH for 20 minutes – arrange the meat and sauce in layers in the slow-cooker – cook 4 hours on HIGH (or 6 hours on LOW) until tender and the meat is falling off the bone
- Remove the meat from the cooker – shred the meat and discard the bones – place back into the sauce for another 20 minutes
- COLESLAW: Toss together the Red- and White Cabbage, Parsley, Onion and Carrot in a large mixing bowl
- Combine the Lemon Juice, Horseradish and Yogurt – stir into the Coleslaw
- TO SERVE: Place a large spoonful of Coleslaw on the bottom half of a bun – top with meat and finish off with the top half of the bun
- Nutrition values exclude buns
- Nutrition value isn't always accurate
Serving Size1 Sandwich
Amount Per Serving Calories 369.6 Total Fat 18.8g Saturated Fat 6.5g Unsaturated Fat 0.5g Cholesterol 88mg Carbohydrates 17.3g Fiber 2g Sugar 7.7g Protein 30.4g