Spicy Sweet Chili Chicken – This low-fat Dump-and-Bake Chicken casserole is done in under 40 minutes (start to serving).
This Spicy Sweet Chili Chicken casserole is one of the easiest and quickest recipes I have for a very tasty chicken dish.
It is basically dump-and-bake and you can prepare a side of vegetables whilst the dish is in the oven and get your rice or mashed potatoes going.
Standard Pantry Ingredients !
All the ingredients are standard, everyday ingredients, so you should not need to buy anything.
I buy Chicken fillets every week, whether on my weekly menu or not as I also like to make snacks made with Chicken on a regular basis.
As for the Cherry Tomatoes, we have some in our small vegetable garden. But as soon as we run out of those from the garden, the Cherry Tomatoes go on the weekly grocery list as well.
You will see many recipes on With A Blast which calls for Cherry Tomatoes.
As I mentioned above, simple and quick, but absolutely scrumptious. The Spicy Sweet Chili Chicken gets a good bit of Curry Paste to it.
But it only helps with the spicy flavor and does not taste like a curry dish at all. In case you are not a curry lover, as I know there are many who just can not take to a curry.
In most of my recipes which have Tomato in them, I add a bit of Sugar as well, to balance the acidity of the Tomatoes, but in this recipe the Sweet Chili sauce is more than enough and no extra Sugar is added.
There is also no pre-cooking of the Chicken which makes this casserole ideal for a busy weeknight.
Switch on the oven, cube the Chicken, mix the Sauce and by this time the oven should be ready, dump and bake.
From start to finish the casserole will take under 40 minutes. You might even need to wait for your rice cooker to finish cooking !
More Chicken recipes !
Spicy Sweet Chili Chicken
- 450 g Chicken Fillets cubed and seasoned ( 1 pound )
- 2 TB Sweet Chili Sauce store-bought or homemade
- 2 TB Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream
- 1 TB Peanut Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a medium casserole dish with cooking oil
- Place the Chicken in the prepared dish
- Combine the Chili Sauce, Curry Paste, Coconut Cream and Peanut Oil – pour over the Chicken
- Scatter the Cherry Tomatoes over the Chicken and sauce – bake 25 minutes or until the Chicken is fully cooked and the Tomatoes start to burst open
Serve over Rice or Mashed Potatoes with salads or vegetables on the side.