Strawberry Cream Pastries are so easy to make, and they are perfect to serve as a Valentine’s Day treat, Mother’s Day or as an everyday dessert.
These dreamy looking Strawberry Cream Pastries are so quick and easy to make. Not to mention the delicious, and very popular, cream filling.
This is perfect to serve on Valentines Day ! And the golden, flaky Pastry with the simple, yet divine, Strawberry Cream Filling, work together fantastically.
You can bake the Pastry in advance and keep in a sealed container until close to serving time.
The Filling for these Strawberry Cream Pastries, is also very quick to make. But keep in mind that the mixture sets, or rather thickens, quite quickly.
Have your baked Pastries ready when you start with the filling. Because by the time the fresh Strawberries are stirred into the creamy pudding mixture, it will already start to set.
Fortunately, because of the quick setting, the baked Pastries will not get soggy and if kept in the refrigerator.
They will keep well for 2 – 3 hours (maybe longer, but I have never made them that far in advance).
The final touches can be left for last as it only takes an extra 3 – 4 minutes to dust with Icing Sugar, arrange some Strawberry slices and a Mint leaf or 2 on top of the Strawberry Cream Pastries.
More Sweet Treat recipes you might like:
- Mascarpone Filled Mini Pancake Stacks
- Strawberry Cream Puffs
- Lemon Cream Puffs
- Waffle S’mores For Dessert
- Homemade Ferrero Rocher
Connect with us :
Strawberry Cream Pastries
- 1 roll Frozen Puff-Pastry, defrosted
- 1 Egg
- 2 TB Milk
- 1 TB Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 1 box Strawberry Instant Pudding, ( 4 servings size )
- 1/4 of the Milk, required as per the Pudding box
- 1 cup Fresh Cream, ( whipping cream )
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries, chopped
- Icing Sugar, for dusting (Powdered Sugar )
- Fresh Strawberries, sliced ( optional )
- Mint Leaves, ( optional )
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Unroll the Pastry – slice lengthwise in half – slice each half in 2.5cm (1 inch) slices and place on the baking sheet
- Whisk together the Egg and Milk – brush over the Pastry slices – sprinkle with Caster Sugar and bake 12 – 15 minutes or until puffed and golden – remove from oven – transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely
- Prepare the Pudding with the Milk in a small bowl
- Beat the Cream until stiff peaks form – fold in the Pudding Mixture and mix until combined
- Stir in the chopped Strawberries – immediately scoop onto half of the baked Pastries – top with the remaining Pastries
- Dust with Icing Sugar and decorate with Strawberry slices and Mint (if using)
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 Pastry
Amount Per Serving Calories 320Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 9gUnsaturated Fat 6gCarbohydrates 31.2gFiber 1.2gSugar 5gProtein 5.8g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Best served immediately after filled.
Don’t forget to PIN to your favorite Desserts Pinterest board !