Strawberry Cream Puffs are light, flaky and filled with a divine cream filling. Perfect for dessert or as part of your sweet platter on Valentines Day.
The Lemon Cream Puffs are such a huge hit with my family. I thought it a good time to change the filling. And these Strawberry Cream Puffs are already a favorite with everyone.
It is not Strawberry season right now in South-Africa and I really did not want to use frozen Strawberries.
Jam (or Jelly as you might know it) was the next obvious choice and we always have a can or two in the pantry. It is my husband’s favorite type of jam.
These Cream Puffs are ideal for Valentine’s Day and they are so quick and easy to make too. Perfect for the kids to take to school the following day and hand out to their friends.
Or if you are working, some for your colleagues, as Valentine’s Day is on a Sunday this year.
Obviously the delicious cream filling is not supposed to leak out as in the photo, I only wanted you to see the actual filling.
Once the pastry has baked, cooled and you are ready to add the cream, all you do is use a sharp knife and gently slid in between the baked layers (more or less in the center).
Ever so lightly push the two sides a little towards each other. A little pocket will open up and now you can use an icing tube/bag/bottle or even a teaspoon to add your filling and push it to the center.
More sweet treat recipes you might like:
- Strawberry Cream Pastries
- Lemon Cream Puffs
- Mascarpone Filled Mini Pancake Stacks
- Strawberry Krispie Hearts
- Salted Caramel Truffles
Strawberry Cream Puffs
- 1 roll Frozen Puff-Pastry, defrosted
- 1 Egg
- 1 TB Water
- 2 TB Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cream, (heavy cream/whipping cream)
- 1/4 cup Strawberry Jam / Jelly
- White Chocolate, melted, to drizzle over
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – line 2 baking sheets with baking paper
- Roll out the Puff Pastry, but do not roll any thinner – cut into 12 x 5cm (2 inch) squares
- Whisk together the Egg and Water – brush the Pastry – sprinkle the Caster Sugar over and transfer the squares to the prepared baking sheets, leaving small spaces between each square – bake 12 – 15 minutes or until puffed and golden – remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack
- Beat the Cream until stiff peaks form – add the Strawberry Jam and beat a few seconds – chill for 10 minutes before use
- Gently open up a small piece in the center of one of the sides of each baked pastry square, lifting the upper part carefully (only enough for the nozzle to fit through)
- Pipe the Strawberry Cream into the pastry opening (about 1 – 1 1/2 tablespoonfuls per pastry)
- Melt a few cubes of White Chocolate and drizzle over the Puffs – decorate with Sprinkles and leave to set
Serving Size1 Puff
Amount Per Serving Calories 130 Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 28mg Sodium 36mg Carbohydrates 15g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 0g Sugar 11g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 2g
Leftovers should be kept in a sealed container in the refrigerator.