Salted Caramel Truffles with only 5 ingredients ( 3 ingredients in the caramel filling ) and NO thermometer needed
I used my favorite recipe for Caramels, coated the rolled balls in Dark Chocolate and sprinkled them with coarse Sea Salt – all with only 5 ingredients. (Chocolate and Salt included!)
These Salted Caramel Truffles are so easy to make and they are a frequent sweet treat in our house.
I have to warn you though, these Truffles disappear as if there is no tomorrow. They are extremely addictive and I can never stop eating them.
Good thing the rest of my family also love them, otherwise my weight might just jump sky-high !
I usually keep them in a sealed container in the refrigerator during Summer, as they tend to go very soft and sometimes even melt with the Summer heat.
But during Winter these Salted Caramel Truffles are usually kept close-by in the lounge, which is not a good thing … it’s a case of ” I see .. I must have ..”.
All in all, it is a miracle if we have any left over from the previous day !
Here are some more links to recipes where I have used the Caramel filling (with slight changes) :
More Homemade candy recipes you might like:
Best Salted Caramel TrufflesPrep Time 5 minutesCook Time 10 minutesChill Time 1 hourTotal Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 can (397g) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup Golden Syrup, (or Treacle Syrup)
- 180 grams Dark Chocolate, (good eating quality) - ( 6.5 oz )
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Sea Salt
- Place the Condensed Milk, Butter and Syrup in a medium saucepan – bring to the boil, lower heat and simmer, stirring continuously, for 5 – 10 minutes or until the mixture has turned a caramel color and has thickened.
- Remove from the heat – cool completely – roll into small truffle sized balls – chill for an hour or two in the refrigerator.
- Melt the Dark Chocolate – dip the Caramel balls in the Chocolate – place on a sheet of aluminum foil and sprinkle immediately with Sea Salt.
- Total servings depends on how small or big you prefer to roll them
Serving Size1 Truffle
Amount Per Serving Calories 36Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 1gCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 0g