Super moist Chocolate Pound Cake with a to-die-for Frosting and decorated for Christmas (which can be changed to suit any occasion)
This Chocolate Pound Cake is not only pretty, but also scrumptiously delicious. I love the stark contrast of the almost black of the cake and the white of the frosting.
You can use anything you like to sprinkle over the top of the frosting if you are not baking the Chocolate Pound Cake for Christmas.
And even if you bake for Christmas, the choice is always yours to use whatever topping you like. I happen to be totally in love with Candy Cane !
The cake is super moist and soft and the smell while baking is just to die for !
I wanted to add in some more Dark Chocolate Chips as well. But the batter was already quite rich and thick after the addition of the Pudding, so I let that idea go.
We used to have Marshmallow Fluff in our stores many years ago, but it seemed to have disappeared from the usual supermarkets and hypermarkets I go to.
Therefore, when I found some at a little shop, specializing in all kinds of sweets (and only 5 minutes from my house!), I was almost beyond myself with excitement.
For fellow South-Africans, or anyone who can not find Marshmallow Fluff, use either only the White Chocolate or melt some Marshmallows and stir into the melted Chocolate as below.
As the cake is very moist, it really does not need to be over frosted, but then as always, it is a personal choice
More Cake recipes you might like:
- Million Dollar Pound Cake
- Chocolate Orange Marble Cake
- Orange Juice Cake
- Amarula Cake
- Divine Coconut Cake
Chocolate Pound Cake
- 1 Box Pillsbury Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Box Instant Chocolate Pudding, ( 4 serving box )
- 3/4 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Marshmallow Fluff
- Crushed Candy Cane, (or something suitable for the occasion if not Christmas)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a bundt pan with cooking oil
- Place all the ingredients for the Cake in a large mixing bowl – stir through and then beat 2 minutes on high until smooth – pour batter into the prepared bundt pan – bake 50 – 55 minutes
- Remove cake from the oven – cool 25 minutes in the pan – transfer to a serving plate and let cool completely
- Melt the Chocolate until smooth – quickly stir in the Marshmallow Fluff (it would be a thick, sticky mixture) – spread over the Cake and top with Crushed Candy Cane (if using)
Serving Size1 Slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 200Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 65mgSodium 89mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 0gSugar 10gProtein 3g
Nutrition value is not always accurate