Million Dollar Pound Cake is so moist and feather light. Definitely worth the name Million Dollar and perfect to serve at tea time or for dessert
I have only ever made one type of Pound Cake and that was since around Christmas time last year.
A Chocolate Pound Cake which we all fell in love with !
Totally different from a normal cake and I have to say, this Million Dollar Pound Cake recipe deserves the name “Million Dollar”.
It is perfect to treat Mom on Mother’s Day or as a tea time treat.
When I was little, I lived with my grandparents, and only recently I remembered my granny used to make Pound Cakes every now and then.
I have never really thought about it, but someone mentioned the Afrikaans name, Pond Koek, the other day.
And duh … I remembered my granny always talking and baking a Pond Koek, which is of course a Pound Cake.
No idea why it took me so long to put the two names together, the names could not have been closer in the two languages. Anyhow, I have fallen in love with Pound Cakes, as did my family.
This Pound Cake is extremely moist and feather light, not what one would expect looking at the ingredients.
The Almond Essence definitely takes over on the flavor side, not much, only a hint, but that is more than enough to make it only just Almondy.
One more thing, this is a huge cake, so be sure to use your bigger sized bundt pan to cope with the rising, and not spilling over, making a mess in your oven.
More Cake recipes you might like:
Million Dollar Pound Cake
- 450 grams Butter, softened ( 1 pound )
- 3 cups Sugar
- 6 large Eggs
- 4 cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Almond Essence
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Whipped Cream, for serving
- Sprinkles, optional
- ) Pre-heat the oven to 150 deg C (300 deg F) – grease a large bundt pan very well
- ) Cream the Butter in a large mixing bowl – add the Sugar and beat until creamy
- ) Add the Eggs one-by-one and beat after each addition – gradually add the Flour and Milk (1 cup Flour then 1/4 cup Milk, repeat twice, and end with the 4th cup of Flour), whilst beating continuously
- ) Stir in both the Essences and pour into the well greased bundt pan – bake 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean
- ) Remove from the oven, let cool 10 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 663Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 175mgSodium 286mgCarbohydrates 83gFiber 1gSugar 51gProtein 8g
Nutrition value is not always accurate. Please also check your ingredient labels.