Slow-Cooker Tropical Chicken is a no-fuss, delicious recipe which brings the Island flavors straight to your dinner table – perfect week night meal
I am a huge fan of my Slow-Cookers, but do not use them nearly as often as I could. This Slow-Cooker Tropical Chicken is such a delicious meal, and perfect for Summer or during Winter.
Summer time, all that’s needed is rice, mashed potatoes or pasta. On chillier days, I usually add a side or two of vegetables as well.
This dish needs the minimum attention ! A little browning of the Chicken, heat through the Sauce, which will also thicken a little, and then it is plain sailing from there on. Dump, stir, set the Slow-Cooker and go shopping —or whatever you need to do.
For those of you who prefer a saucier dish, double the Sauce ingredients. Do make sure it is well heated through before adding to the Chicken, otherwise the cooking time might take a little longer.
This Tropical Chicken is just that, it tastes like you are on a tropical island,with a strong Coconut flavor, and bites of Pineapple in between.
You can always add more (or fresh) Pineapple, depending on how much you like Pineapple in a meal.
When I only have cans, I add one can, and same goes for fresh Pineapple, I cube and use the whole Pineapple, no measuring needed.
Prepping should take you no longer than 15 minutes and after that the Slow-Cooker does all the work.
Which makes this the perfect meal when you need to go out for a while and will only be back around dinner time.
More Chicken recipes you might like:
Slow-Cooker Tropical Chicken
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 675 g Chicken Fillets, cubed (1 1/2 pounds)
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- 1/3 cup Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 TB Soy Sauce
- 1 TB Cornflour (Cornstarch)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, cubed
- 1 can Pineapple Pieces, drained (or use fresh)
- 1 Onion, cut into wedges
- Fresh Cilantro, to serve (optional)
- Heat the Oil in a medium skillet over high heat – Season the Chicken to taste, brown and place in the Slow-Cooker
- Using the same skillet as used for the Chicken, bring to the boil the Coconut Cream, Lime Juice and Soy Sauce – add a little of the mixture to the Cornflour in a small bowl – just enough to make a paste – stir into the Coconut mixture and heat through
- Meanwhile, add the Bell Pepper, Pineapple and Onion to the Chicken in the Slow-Cooker – pour over the Coconut mixture – gently stir through – cook on LOW for 4 hours or until the Chicken is done
Amount Per Serving Calories 349.6Total Fat 18.5gSaturated Fat 10.7gUnsaturated Fat 6.6gCholesterol 65mgCarbohydrates 21.7gFiber 2.5gProtein 26g
Serve, topped with Coriander, over rice, mashed potatoes or pasta.