Spicy Chicken with Quinoa is a quick and easy week night dinner recipe and a dish the kids love too ! Curry paste and tomatoes work so well in this recipe
If you like spicy, healthy and most of all delicious meals, this Spicy Chicken with Quinoa recipe is for you.
Even though there is quite a bit of red curry paste in this dish, it does not really taste like a curry.
More of a tomato-ish, spicy Chicken, which is great served over rice or mashed potatoes.
Or as I usually serve this, with a fresh, crusty French Bread.
There is a lot of sauce going on in this spicy Chicken with Quinoa therefore, if you like saucy, it’s a bonus for you.
My daughter prefers less saucy meals, and I always use a slotted spoon to dish up for her.
The Cashew Nuts and the fresh Cilantro give this dish a wonderful flavor. To which would most definitely have a huge impact on the spicy-ness and overall flavor if you leave this out.
As always .. right, mostly this is another quick, easy but wholesome meal which will be on your dinner table in no time at all.
More Chicken recipes you might like:
- Easy Baked Thai Chicken
- Amish Chicken Casserole
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Chicken Cacciatore (Dump and Bake)
- Salad Dressing Sticky Chicken
Connect with us :
Spicy Chicken With Quinoa
- 1 TB Olive Oil, extra-virgin
- 2 Onions, medium, thinly sliced
- 900 g Chicken Fillets, cubed into large pieces ( 2 pounds )
- 4 TB Red Curry Paste
- 1 1/4 cup Quinoa
- 1 can (410g) Chopped Tomatoes
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 3 TB Roasted Salted Cashew Nuts
- Handful Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Heat the Oil and saute the Onions until soft and golden – remove from pan and keep aside
- Add the Chicken to the same pan – Brown all over – add the Red Curry Paste and the Quinoa – sizzle for a minute or two
- Add back the Onions, together with the Tomatoes and Chicken Stock – bring to the boil then lower heat and simmer 25 minutes until the Quinoa is tender and the mixture is saucy
- Stir in the Cashew Nuts and the Cilantro
Amount Per Serving Calories 459Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 132mgSodium 626mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 55g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve immediately with dinner rolls or toasted slices of French Bread and a salad.