Korean Beef is a 20 minute, easy recipe – serve over rice, or in lettuce leaves
Korean Beef is one of our favorite dinner recipes, especially on a busy week day or when I need to use vegetables grown in our garden before it goes bad.
Usually a Korean Beef recipe only calls for Red Chili Flakes and no Bell Peppers, but I simply love the addition of a Bell Pepper. So yes, again I am going a little of course with the recipe.
Although we do not grow Red Bell Peppers ourselves (only Green), I had one leftover from a previous dish I made earlier the week.
We also have an abundance of Spring Onions, which we of course love and whenever I have these two ingredients – the Bell Pepper and Spring Onions – my first choice for a delicious dinner is always Korean Beef. And the dish takes only 20 minutes, from prepping to serving !
Now that’s exactly my kind of dinner. We normally have the Korean Beef served over rice, but it is equally delicious, and less carbs, served in lettuce leaves. The latter is a favorite to serve for lunch and is filling enough to get us through to dinner time.
Ingredients you might already have on hand and 20 minutes will have dinner on the table in record time !
- 1 TB Sesame Oil
- 450 g Lean Ground Beef ( 1 pound )
- 1 TB Fresh Garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 t Ground Ginger
- 2 t Dried Crushed Red Chilies
- 1 Red Bell Pepper finely chopped
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 6 Spring Onions chopped
- Heat the Sesame Oil in a large skillet – Add the Beef and Garlic – cook until done (drain fat if necessary)
- Add the Sugar, Soy Sauce, Ginger, dried Chilies and the red Bell Pepper – stir through and season to taste with Salt and Pepper – simmer covered for 5 minutes
- Serve over rice or in salad leaves, topped with the chopped Spring Onions
Adapted from Six Sisters Stuff
Serve over rice or in salad leaves, topped with the chopped Spring Onions
You might also like: