Cheeseburger Casserole is comfort food at it’s best in this family favorite dinner Casserole – filling, tasty, saucy and sooo cheesy !
This casserole was a total delight! I loved how it was put together, it tasted amazing – but best of all … was to tell my family it is a Cheeseburger Casserole.
My daughter is not here, and that left me with the three men in the house. They only heard Cheeseburger, and not “casserole” as well.
Well, I suppose they hear what they want to hear ! Anyhow, I gave my shopping list to hubby (after I told him what was for dinner) and off he went, got everything – burger buns included.
Soooo, a bit later, while I was preparing dinner, he wanted to know where the buns are … total and utter shock when he saw that I had them all chopped up into cubes !
“Now, where .. how are we eating cheeseburgers?” — yeah, he asked that and I told him to wait and see !
A couple of photos of the steps in the recipe below:
- 6 Burger Buns chopped into 2.5cm ( 1 inch ) cubes
- 1 TB Aromat Seasoning or Fondor / Knorr
- 1 TB Garlic Salt
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 675 g Lean Ground Beef ( 1 1/2 pounds )
- 1 can (400g) Cream of Mushroom Soup condensed type soup
- 1/2 can Milk (use the Soup Can)
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese grated
- Tomato, Cucumber and Avocado or as per your preference
Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a large casserole dish with cooking oil
- Place the chopped Buns, Seasoning and Garlic Salt in a large bowl – mix well to coat all the pieces with the Salt & Seasoning – turn out onto a lined baking sheet and bake 10 – 15 minutes until just starting to crisp on the outside
Whilst the bread are in the oven, heat a little Olive Oil in a medium skillet or saucepan – saute the Onion until soft – add the Ground Beef and cook until the meat are loose and done – add the Mushroom Soup and the Milk – stir through and simmer for 10 minutes – season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper
Remove the bread cubes from the oven and keep aside
- Transfer the meat mixture to the prepared casserole dish
Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the Cheddar Cheese over - Arrange all the cubed toasted bun pieces over the cheese
Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup Cheddar Cheese over the bun cubes - Bake for 10 minutes until the Cheddar cheese has melted
- Remove from the oven and top with your choice of toppings
You Might Also Like: