This Avocado and Corn Salad is ready within minutes and is ideal to serve with almost all main meals – crunchy, refreshing, healthy and always a winner
This is one of my very basic go-to salad recipes. Pasta, Potato and Rice salads are all starches and sometimes we have another side dish, salad or even part of the main dish, with loads of starches included.
Avocado and Corn Salad is just perfect to add as a non starch side dish to any meal.
It does not make sense to serve a potato salad when you have, for instance, baked potatoes as well.
I suppose some people like it that way, but too much of even a good thing, is not good.
This salad is extremely refreshing and crunchy. You can add and change ingredients as you wish. Add more or less of one ingredient or leave out if you do not like it.
You can always replace one ingredient with a another as well. I cut out the center of a tomato and only use the outer parts in this recipe.
The inside flesh can always be used in soups, stews and even gravies. Simply store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
If you prefer to add the Avocado from the start, lightly sprinkle with Lemon Juice to avoid discoloration.
More Avocado Salad recipes you might like:
Avocado and Corn Salad
- 4 cups Crispy Lettuce, torn smaller
- 1 cup English Cucumber, sliced into thick rings and then halved
- 1 large Tomato, center removed and chopped into small cubes
- 1/3 cup Corn Kernels (the canned type)
- 1 large Avocado, cubed
- 2 TB Mustard Honey Dressing (homemade or store bought
- 1/8 t Black Pepper
- Toss together the Lettuce, Cucumber, Tomato and Corn
- Add the Avocado to the Salad just before serving - transfer to a serving bowl
- Drizzle with the Dressing and sprinkle over the Black Pepper
Amount Per Serving Calories 71 Total Fat 5g Saturated Fat 0.7g Unsaturated Fat 2.5g Cholesterol 1.3mg Sodium 53.3mg Carbohydrates 6.3g Fiber 2.3g Sugar 2.6g Protein 1.1g