Mediterranean Chorizo Pasta ~ Rich Mediterranean flavors throughout this Pasta – serve warm or cold for dinner or lunch
We have never been huge Chorizo eaters. Simply because I never bought any, and I think we only had some once at a restaurant a few years ago.
I have since started to use Chorizo in my cooking, but will now have to say goodbye again as it is one of the no-no’s on my new diet. (diet meaning, health wise, not actually for losing weight).
All of us thoroughly enjoyed this Mediterranean Chorizo Pasta and I will highly recommend you to try this delicious recipe.
Serve this Pasta salad with another green crunchy and crisp salad and you have dinner sorted in no time at all, which is always a winner on busy weeknights.
Mediterranean Chorizo Pasta
Rich Mediterranean flavors throughout this Pasta - serve warm or cold for dinner or lunch
- 2 TB Olive Oil extra-virgin, divided
- 1 Onion halved and sliced
- 6 Chiliies finely chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper cubed
- 300 g Chorizo Sausage sliced ( 10.5 oz )
- 250 g Cherry Tomatoes ( 8 oz )
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 t Sugar
- 2/3 cup Black Kalamata Olives
- 500 g Bow Tie Pasta ( 16 oz )
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 3 TB Fresh Basil chopped
- Balsamic Vinegar to taste
- Heat 1 TB Olive Oil in a large pan and saute the Onion and Chilies until soft
Stir in the Red Pepper and the Chorizo – cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add the Tomatoes, Water, Sugar and Olives – simmer for 10 minutes, stirring twice
- Meanwhile, cook the Pasta according to the instructions on the packet, drain and transfer to a mixing bowl
- Stir in the remaining 1 TB Olive Oil, Chorizo mixture and Basil – season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper
Sprinkle with Balsamic Vinegar and serve