Skinny Blue Cheese and Chives are perfect for Game Day, an appetizer and a definite must-have on a savory party platter
Definitely my new go-to snack ! This skinny Blue Cheese and Chives Dip, might be low in fat and not rich at all, but the taste is out of this world.
I need to eat more healthy as well as less at a time. Which means, I need to nibble all day long – this is coming from a person who used to only have one meal a day !
My lack in eating more (small healthy meals) during the day is really due to the fact that I do not think about eating ! Way strange for a food blogger, but yes, I will think all day long about what would be for dinner. Or I might even start prepping early, but this new thing to eat throughout the day, is totally alien to me ..
Well, now I keep a bowl of this Blue Cheese and Chives dip in the refrigerator at all times – front and center, with loads of veggies in a container next to the dip.
Biggest win here? My family raves over this dip ! Skinny or not, and they are not even blue cheese fans … shows you, a winning recipe is a winning recipe !
I have included a variety of crudites which I am allowed to eat, but you can use just about any vegetable and/or dipping biscuits and crisps.
- Red and Green Bell Pepper Strips
- Celery Sticks
- Carrot Sticks
- English Cucumber halves (this is a MUST ! – delicious..)
- Multi-Grain Provita Biscuits
- Low-Fat Rice Biscuits
Another favorite is my Onion Dip made from scratch
Skinny Blue Cheese and Chives Dip
- 1 cup Low-Fat Creamed Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup Blue Stilton Cheese crumbled
- 3 t Fresh Chives finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Fat-Free Plain Yogurt
- 2 t Onion finely chopped
- Black Pepper to taste
- Extra Fresh Chives to garnish
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl – if you wish, mash the Stilton a little more, as it does not crumble very finely
- Season with Black Pepper, transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with the extra Chives and serve. (No need to chill first, but chilling will only make it better !)