Asian Pork Tenderloin and Pineapple Salad is a hearty, filling Salad which is perfect for lunch or as a light dinner
Asian Pork Tenderloin and Pineapple Salad will quickly become a family favorite. This is just one of those meals which everyone seems to love.
To start off, I am a huge salad eater ! Love all kinds and types and I am always open to trying out new salads either at a restaurant or making them myself at home.
My family would most definitely not see a salad without any kind of meat, chicken or seafood as a complete meal. Whether it is for lunch or dinner, there has to be meat in it !
One of my favorite meats to use in a salad (besides Chicken) is Pork Tenderloin. The Pork always, but always turn out tender and juicy, no matter how one cooks it. I have to say that I am one of those people who can really mess up a great cut of meat, but I have never been let down by cooking Pork Tenderloin.
You can serve the Asian Pork Tenderloin and Pineapple Salad any way you wish. Either by arranging the ingredients as I did, or you can toss the whole lot together and serve it that way. If you prefer the latter, cut the Pork into smaller bite sized pieces.
A Small tip – add more Salad Leaves to a salad (any salad) on a hot day, as Salad Leaves are said to be a natural body coolant – works for me, but that might just be because I want to believe it, especially during a heatwave !
Asian Pork Tenderloin and Pineapple Salad
- 2 TB Hoisin Sauce
- 2 TB Soy Sauce
- 1 TB Honey
- 1 small Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 450 g Pork Tenderloin ( 1 pound )
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 1 Pineapple peeled, cut into wedges or cubes
- 2 handfuls Asian Mix Salad Leaves
- 2-3 sprigs Parsley
- 1/2 Red Onion thinly sliced
- 2 TB Peanuts salted and roasted
- 2 TB Coconut Flakes toasted or not
- 1 1/2 Limes juice only
- 2 TB Sesame Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the marinade – place the Pork in a marinade bowl – pour over the marinade, cover and let stand 30 minutes, turning over halfway
- Heat the Oil in a griddle pan – remove the Pork from the marinade (retain the marinade) – quickly sear all sides of the Pork over high heat – reduce heat and pour over the retained marinade – leave to simmer until the pork is done and the pan juices have reduced to a sticky glaze – remove the Pork and let cool completely before slicing
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing – add to the retained pan juices – simmer a minute or two, remove and let cool
- Place the Salad Leaves on a large serving plate – arrange the Pineapple on one side – sliced Pork in the center and scatter the remaining salad ingredients over the Pineapple and the open Salad Leaves
Serve drizzled with the pan juice/dressing mix and serve
Serve drizzled with the pan juice/dressing mix and serve.
You Might Also Like: