Garlic and Pesto Bacon Chicken is tender, juicy and deliciously cream cheese filled – all wrapped in bacon to make the Chicken extra special
This Garlic and Pesto Bacon Chicken is the most tender, juicy chicken I have ever tasted. So many flavors in this recipe, but they all play together deliciously.
I am a big fan of anything Basil Pesto and knew that it must be one of the ingredients, so I started working around the Pesto.
Garlic goes with just about anything, therefore, no second thought was given to adding a good shot of Garlic. Parsley, of course to help with the garlic breath we really do not need in the morning.
And to bind all the ingredients, I decided on using Cream Cheese as I had half a tub left, and what else can one make with only half a tub !
I always try to use up all my leftover ingredients, from previous recipes, soon after and hate throwing away anything – even salad leaves..
And the bacon ? Well, I do not think there is any need to expand on the Bacon used in this recipe, because as we all know by now bacon makes everything better !
As the Garlic and Pesto Bacon Chicken is so juicy, no extra sauce is required.
I serve the Chicken with roasted vegetables, a sauce to go with the vegetables and a dinner roll. That is more than enough for a filling meal with only a small dessert afterwards.
More Chicken recipes you might like:
Garlic and Pesto Bacon Chicken
- 4 large Chicken Fillets
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 TB Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 2 TB Parsley, chopped
- 2 TB Basil Pesto
- 1/4 t Black Pepper
- 12 slices Streaky Bacon
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 deg C (440 deg F) – spray a large enough oven dish with cooking oil
- Cut a slit into each Chicken Fillet – like a pocket, not all the way through – season with Salt
- Combine the Cream Cheese, Garlic, Parsley, Basil Pesto and Black Pepper in a small bowl – fill each Chicken pocket with the filling
- Use 3 slices of Bacon per Chicken Fillet by wrapping each piece around the Chicken until it is completely wrapped – use toothpicks to keep the Bacon securely in place
- Place the Bacon wrapped filled Chicken (slit side facing up) on the prepared baking dish – bake 20 – 22 minutes or until done
- If the Bacon is not as crispy as you like, switch the oven’s top element on and grill the Chicken to your preference
Amount Per Serving Calories 330.7Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 8.4gUnsaturated Fat 8.5gCarbohydrates 2.8gFiber 0.1gSugar 1.1gProtein 36.9g
Serve with roasted vegetables, mashed potato or rice. A salad or two on the side during Summer is delicious with this Garlic and Pest Bacon Chicken !
Don’t forget to PIN !