Chicken Fried Rice is perfect for a week night dinner. And if you already have leftover Rice on hand, this dish will be done and on the table in minutes.
Looking for a quick, easy and delicious week night dinner ? Chicken Fried Rice is perfect and if you already have leftover Rice on hand, this dish will be done in minutes.
I absolutely love cooking with Sesame Oil, love the smell, love the taste, love everything about it, except the price of a bottle.
But since all recipes only require a small amount of the Sesame Oil, I suppose it is worth the price in the end.
I use my electric wok for all my stir-fries. However, you can use a very large skillet as well. From start to finish all the ingredients are cooked in the wok.
Therefore this is really a one-pot (or wok in this case!) recipe, which is always welcome, less dishes !
Depending on your preference, you can add more Eggs if you wish. If I only have small Eggs, I would use 3 or even 4, but 2 extra-large Eggs are fine and will not be overbearing in this recipe.
More Chicken recipes you might like:
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry
- Drunken Chicken Stir-Fry
- Easy Baked Thai Chicken
- Salad Dressing Sticky Chicken
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
Connect with us :
Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 TB Sesame Oil, divided
- 2 Extra-Large Eggs, beaten
- 450 g Chicken Fillets, cubed ( 1 pound )
- 2 t Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 1/4 t Salt
- 1/4 t Black Pepper
- 4 cups Cooked Rice, cold (Basmati is nice to use)
- 1 cup Frozen Peas, defrosted
- 1 cup Frozen Carrots, small cubes, defrosted
- 2 TB Spring Onions, chopped
- 3 TB Thick Soy Sauce
- Heat 1 TB Oil in a large wok or skillet – add the Eggs and scramble until fluffy – remove from wok/pan and set aside
- Add remaining Oil – stir in Chicken, Garlic, Salt and Pepper – cook until Chicken is done (about 5 minutes)
- Stir in the cooked Rice to the Chicken and stir-fry 2 – 3 minutes
- Return the cooked Eggs to the wok/pan together with the Peas, Carrots, Spring Onions and Soy Sauce – stir-fry 5 minutes or until heated through
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 541Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 189mgSodium 975mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 46g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve with a salad on the side.