Chicken Fried Rice is perfect for a week night dinner. And if you already have leftover Rice on hand, this dish will be done and on the table in minutes.
Looking for a quick, easy and delicious week night dinner ? Chicken Fried Rice is perfect and if you already have leftover Rice on hand, this dish will be done in minutes.
I absolutely love cooking with Sesame Oil, love the smell, love the taste, love everything about it, except the price of a bottle.
But since all recipes only require a small amount of the Sesame Oil, I suppose it is worth the price in the end.
I use my electric wok for all my stir-fries. However, you can use a very large skillet as well. From start to finish all the ingredients are cooked in the wok.
Therefore this is really a one-pot (or wok in this case!) recipe, which is always welcome, less dishes !
Depending on your preference, you can add more Eggs if you wish. If I only have small Eggs, I would use 3 or even 4, but 2 extra-large Eggs are fine and will not be overbearing in this recipe.
More Chicken recipes you might like:
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry
- Drunken Chicken Stir-Fry
- Easy Baked Thai Chicken
- Salad Dressing Sticky Chicken
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
Connect with us :
Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 TB Sesame Oil, divided
- 2 Extra-Large Eggs, beaten
- 450 g Chicken Fillets, cubed ( 1 pound )
- 2 t Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 1/4 t Salt
- 1/4 t Black Pepper
- 4 cups Cooked Rice, cold (Basmati is nice to use)
- 1 cup Frozen Peas, defrosted
- 1 cup Frozen Carrots, small cubes, defrosted
- 2 TB Spring Onions, chopped
- 3 TB Thick Soy Sauce
- Heat 1 TB Oil in a large wok or skillet – add the Eggs and scramble until fluffy – remove from wok/pan and set aside
- Add remaining Oil – stir in Chicken, Garlic, Salt and Pepper – cook until Chicken is done (about 5 minutes)
- Stir in the cooked Rice to the Chicken and stir-fry 2 – 3 minutes
- Return the cooked Eggs to the wok/pan together with the Peas, Carrots, Spring Onions and Soy Sauce – stir-fry 5 minutes or until heated through
Amount Per Serving Calories 541Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 189mgSodium 975mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 46g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve with a salad on the side.