Feather light, moist Mini Mixed Berry Loaves are made with Orange Juice instead of milk and perfect to serve at breakfast, lunch or as an anytime sweet treat
Don’t you just love small individual sweet treats ? I like any dessert or snack small and these mini mixed Berry Loaves fit the bill perfectly.
You could really serve these darling little loaves anytime of the day, breakfast, later at a brunch, for lunch or for dessert.
Oh, and do not forget the 11 am or 4 pm tea time !
These Berry loaves are so moist and feather light even though they are packed with mixed Berries, of which you can use whatever you prefer.
And it also does not mean it absolutely has to be a mix of Berries, one type will do just fine.
But it is so much more fun, and flavorful if you can use different Berries. No milk is added to the batter, but Orange juice instead.
The combination of Almonds, Icing Sugar (instead of a heavier Sugar) and only Egg Whites are the big secret in this recipe. All light and airy.
I started off by drizzling the baked loaves with the Icing drizzle, but found I had made way too much, and as usual, I hate to put anything to waste.
As you can see, I decided to not only drizzle the Icing over. But instead cover all of the tops, which actually made the Loaves a lot more delicious and appealing.
You might also like these quick bread recipes:
Connect with us :
Mini Mixed Berry Loaves
- 1 1/2 cups Ground Almonds
- 1 1/2 cups Icing Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
- 1 1/2 cups Self-Raising Flour
- 1/4 t Salt
- 4 Egg Whites
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Mixed Berries (I use Blueberry, Strawberry, Raspberry)
- 1 Orange, large, juice only
- 1 cup Icing Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
- 1 t Lemon Juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 deg C (375 deg F) – spray 6 mini loaf pans with cooking oil
- Combine the Almonds, Icing Sugar and Flour in a large mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the Salt and Egg Whites until frothy – fold into the Flour mixture
- Stir in the Butter, Mixed Berries and Orange juice
- Spoon batter into the 6 mini loaf pans – bake 20 – 25 minutes or until firm in the centers – remove from the oven – transfer to a cooling rack after 5 minutes to cool completely
- GLAZE: Combine the Icing Sugar and the Lemon juice (add a little more juice if needed) – drizzle over the cooled loaves
Serving Size1 Mini Loaf
Amount Per Serving Calories 694.8 Total Fat 35.9g Saturated Fat 15.4g Unsaturated Fat 7.6g Carbohydrates 84.2g Fiber 5.4g Sugar 55.4g Protein 15g
Serve at brunch, lunch or for dessert.