Moist Chocolate Banana Bread is an everyday winner for dessert, as a tea time treat – perfect to use up your over ripe bananas and create a decadent chocolaty treat
I would always say yes for a slice of Banana Bread and this Chocolate Banana Bread is no exception ! The bread is soft, moist and there really is no need for butter or any kind of spread.
The chocolate almost oozes out from the bread as you slice it. Totally delicious and another very easy recipe. I used my favorite Banana Bread recipe, made some tweaks and doubt I will ever make the plain bread again.
You may also like : Moist Ginger Bread
Moist Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Mashed Bananas, I do not mash mine too finely
- 1 t Vanilla Essence
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 t Baking Soda
- 1 t Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a medium bread pan with cooking oil and line the base with baking paper
- Beat together the Butter and Caster Sugar until creamy – add the Eggs, one by one, beating in between additions – add the Banana and Vanilla – stir until combined
- Sift together the Flour, Cocoa, Baking Soda and Baking Powder – fold into the Banana mixture – pour into the prepared bread pan
- Sprinkle the Chocolate Chips on top of the bread batter – bake 45 – 60 minutes
Amount Per Serving Calories 437.6Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 77.6mgSodium 25.5mgCarbohydrates 67.8gFiber 3.9gSugar 12.6gProtein 5.6g
Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes and serve warm !