Tiramisu Cheesecake is a dreamy and so very creamy Cheesecake ~ never fail recipe ! With substitution suggestions for a non-alcoholic version as well.
This is a little different than the normal Tiramisu, but I actually prefer this Tiramisu Cheesecake recipe. It is easy to serve when cut into bars and makes a delicious addition to a sweet party platter.
The Marsala wine can be substituted with Kahlua or any coffee based liqueur. Or if you do not want any alcohol, increase and substitute with coffee.
And the cheesecake top is unbelievably creamy ! You can see the soaked cake bottom, which is absolutely decadent.
Combined with the creamiest cheesecake layer, this is always a winner.
Whether I serve the Tiramisu Cheesecake for dessert, or when I need to take a dessert with to a family gathering.
And everyone always asks for the recipe ! That is one sure way to tell your dish was a winner – when guests start asking for the recipe.
That is another reason I am glad I have the blog. And a smart phone, of course !
When someone wants the recipe, it is there on your phone, and ten to one your family already follows you and can look it up themselves if you give them the proper name to search.
More Coffee Desserts :
Depending on your cut, this recipe will give you 15 – 20 servings – perfect to take along to a family gathering !
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 t Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 TB Boiling Water
- 2 TB Marsala Wine
- 1 TB Gelatin Powder plain
- 1 1/2 TB Water
- 125 g Cream Cheese plain, softened ( 4 oz )
- 1/3 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 cup Fresh Cream (whipping cream/double cream)
- 2 TB Marsala Wine
- 250 g Mascarpone Cheese ( 8 oz )
- 2-3 t Cocoa Powder for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – line the bottom and sides of a 20 x 20cm (8 x 8 inch) baking dish with baking paper
- Beat the Eggs and Caster Sugar until thickened – add the Flour – mix well to combine – spread the batter on the base of the prepared baking dish – bake 10 – 12 minutes – cool in dish
- Dissolve the Coffee granules in the boiling Water – add the Marsala Wine – brush over the baked sponge cake
- Sprinkle the Gelatin over the Water – once it sponges, place in the microwave for about 10 seconds (should be dissolved and clear – let cool a few minutes)
- Beat the Cream Cheese and the Icing Sugar in a medium bowl until smooth – add the Cream and Marsala Wine – beat until well combined – stir in the Mascarpone Cheese (I beat it for 1 minute on medium) – pour cream cheese filling over the sponge cake – refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight
- Dust with Cocoa Powder and cut into squares
Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.