This Skinny Strawberry Cream Pie might be skinny, but the pie is full of creamy delight on a healthy thin Oatmeal crust ! Perfect low-fat dessert recipe.
You would never guess this is a Skinny Strawberry Cream Pie. It is full of flavor and so very, very creamy !
I only added a smallish, thin crust on the bottom. However you can always double the crust’s ingredients and take it up the sides of the pie dish if you’d like to.
Low-Fat Evaporated Milk is the Cream for anyone watching their weight or even just to have a sweet treat, but on the healthier side.
Right, I know my decorating needs some work ! You can arrange the Strawberries in so many ways and I am sure you will come up with stunning decorations.
Our Strawberry season is just about over, and for the next couple of weeks, we would be lucky to find decent Strawberries, and at a reasonable price, anywhere.
Fortunately, we now have peaches, nectarines, plums, peaches and loads of other delicious fruits available now.
Keep an eye out for my recipes featuring these fruits in the near future !
More Strawberry dessert recipes you might like:
- Strawberry Cream Puffs
- Layered Strawberry Pudding Cups
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dip
- Cream Cheese Strawberry Pudding Bites
- Strawberry Cream Pastries
Connect with us :
Skinny Strawberry Cream Pie
- 1 cup Quick-Cook Oatmeal
- 3 TB Extra-Light Margarine, melted
- 2 TB Honey
- 1 box Strawberry Jello, ( 4 Servings size - sugar free if available)
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 1 can (410 grams) Low-Fat Evaporated Milk, chilled overnight ( 12 oz can )
- 3/4 cup Low-Fat Strawberry Yogurt
- 1 TB Gelatine, plain
- 1 TB Cold Water
- 12 Fresh Strawberries, to decorate
- 3 Mint Leaves, to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – spray a large pie dish with low-fat cooking oil
- Combine the Oatmeal, Margarine and Honey in a small mixing bowl – press into the bottom of the prepared pie dish – bake 12 – 15 minutes until golden brown – remove and let cool completely
- Dissolve the Jello in the Boiling Water – leave to cool
- Beat the Evaporated Milk until stiff – fold in the Yogurt
- Place the Cold Water in a small microwavable mixing bowl – sprinkle over the Gelatin – once it has turned spongy – microwave 8 – 10 seconds until dissolved and clear – leave 1 minute to cool
- Add the Jello and the Gelatin to the Cream mixture – beat on medium for 30 seconds
- Pour filling into the prepared pie crust – refrigerate until set (about 2 hours)
- Decorate with the Strawberries and Mint - serve
- The Evaporated Milk MUST be chilled in order to whip
Amount Per Serving Calories 68Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 1mgSodium 43mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 8gProtein 2g
Nutrition value is not always accurate