Easy Pear Danish Bars are quick to make – flaky pastry with a divine, yet simple Pear filling. These Pear Danishes will steal the show at any party [perfect everyday dessert too!]
I love Danishes, any kind and any flavor, but to make them, seem like hard work.
These easy Pear Danish Bars are exactly my kind of recipe, quick, easy, no-fuss and as always – delicious ! Actually, quite divine, if I say so myself 😉
Besides the Pears, you might already have all the ingredients on hand. Nothing strange and no expensive ingredients in this lovely recipe.
The filling consists of an almost marshmallowy, Almond layer and another layer of lightly Honey drizzled Pears, which makes this recipe outstanding.
I have also substituted the Pears with Apples before and it tastes just as great.
If Apples are more your kind of thing, go for it ! I had my fair share of apple desserts these last couple of weeks, so I was all for a change and made these easy Pear Danish Bars this time round.
The recipe yields about 20 bars of which one bar is more than enough for an adult serving.
Therefore, next time you are asked to take-a-plate-with to a party or family gathering, these are perfect and they look elegant as well.
So, whether you are treating your family or guests, this is a sure way of getting their attention when it’s time for dessert !
And no one needs to know how quick and easy the Pear Danish Bars really are to make.
More Sweet Treat recipes you might like:
Easy Pear Danish Bars
- 2 large Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup Caster Sugar, divided (Superfine Sugar)
- 1/2 cup Ground Almonds
- 2 Rolls Frozen Puff-Pastry, defrosted
- 1 can (825g / 29 ounces) Pear Halves, drained and cut into thin slices
- 2 TB Honey
- 1 large Egg
- 2 TB Milk
- 2 TB Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Icing Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
- Almond Slivers, toasted, to decorate (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 deg C (440 deg F) – line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Beat the Egg Whites until stiff peaks form – add 1/4 of the Caster Sugar and beat again until the mixture has a glossy look – fold in remaining Caster Sugar and the Ground Almonds
- Place one unrolled roll of Puff-Pastry on the prepared baking sheet – spread the Egg White mixture over – arrange the Pear slices on top of the Egg White mixture and drizzle with the Honey
- Arrange the second roll of Puff-Pastry over the Pears
- Whisk together the Egg and Milk – brush the top layer of Puff-Pastry with the mixture – bake 25 – 30 minutes or until golden and puffed
- Leave to cool completely – slice into bars
- Beat the Lemon Juice and Icing Sugar together – drizzle over the bars and sprinkle with Almond Slivers – chill a few minutes until the glaze has set
Amount Per Serving Calories 291.6Total Fat 16.8gSaturated Fat 4.1gUnsaturated Fat 10.7gCarbohydrates 31,6gFiber 1.5gSugar 12.1gProtein 4.6g
Serve and keep leftovers in a sealed container.