Pumpkin Cake Bars are moist, soft and delicious to serve especially as a Fall dessert, tea time treats or anytime snacking
These easy to make, Pumpkin cake bars are one of my favorite recipes. Not only because it is a quick and easy recipe, but most delicious as well.
Every now and then I would add some chopped nuts into the batter, which gives the cake just that tiny bit of an extra Fall taste.
Together with the spices, the pumpkin cake is truly one of the best desserts for after dinner with the family, or when you have some friends over for a cup of coffee.
The recipe makes a large cake, 20 x 30 centimeters (9 x 13 inches) and depending on your cut you can easily get 15 – 18 servings from one cake.
I used a homemade Browned Butter Frosting this time round (recipe **HERE), but we usually enjoy the cake bars with a simple cream cheese frosting.
I prefer a lighter flavored frosting in order for all the Fall flavors of the cake to come through and the frosting provides just enough sweetness to make it a heavenly sweet treat.
As for the texture of the cake … super moist !
And it will keep perfectly sealed in a container for a day or two. Although I have never had the chance to see exactly how long it will keep, as these delights disappear very quickly.
More Pumpkin recipes (sweet and savory) you might like:
Pumpkin Cake Bars
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 t Baking Powder
- 1 t Baking Soda (Bicarbonate of Soda)
- 2 t Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 t Ground Cloves
- 1/2 t Salt
- 4 large Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Browned Butter Frosting, see note below (or your favorite frosting)
- 1/3 cup Walnuts chopped (or Pecan Nuts)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a deep 20 x 30cm ( 9 x 12 inch ) oven dish with cooking oil
- Mix together the Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Cloves and Salt in a large mixing bowl
- Add the Eggs, Pumpkin and Oil to the Flour mixture – stir until well combined – pour into the prepared oven dish and bake 25 – 30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean – cool completely
- Spread the Frosting over and sprinkle with Nuts
Browned Butter Frosting recipe here
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 490.5 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 15.6g Unsaturated Fat: 4.3g Carbohydrates: 66.7g Fiber: 2.1g Protein: 4.3g
Remember to PIN !