Moist Ginger Bread – Mix-n-Bake recipe for 2 Ginger Bread loaves as 1 is simply not enough ! Moist, soft and divine !
This moist Ginger Bread is so soft, it is almost like a melt-in-the-mouth pudding ! Butter is not really needed, but I do like that tiny bit of buttery taste with the bread.
My son used to ask me every single day to bake a batch, and I did, most of the time as everyone loves it.
But, after a while, I gave him the recipe (he was about 14 years old then) and since his very first baked loaves, it was a success. It is easy as that !
I think we had this like every second day, when he made it, and keep in mind this recipe makes two medium sized loaves.
Once it is out of the oven, the first bread is finished within 10 minutes – I promise! The second loaf disappears shortly after dinner.
It is best when served warm with butter but because the bread is so moist it is just as good cold, and the bread keeps extremely well in a sealed container.
We had it with whipped cream and once with ice-cream, but butter only, is still definitely our first choice.
This is a mix and bake – no nonsense – recipe and it has never ever failed us.
As I mentioned above, no need to wait, just give it a few minutes to “settle” and dig in. (that sounds bad .. dig in .. but once you get the smell from the oven, you’ll check the time every minute!)
Moist Ginger Bread
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Extra-Large Eggs
- 1 cup Golden Syrup (or Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Luke Warm Water
- 1 t Baking Soda dissolved in 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 3 cups Flour
- 1/8 t Salt
- 1 t Baking Powder
- 1 TB Ground Ginger
- 2 t Mixed Spices
- 1 cup Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F). Spray two loaf pans (23 x 13 x 7cm) with cooking oil and line the bottoms with baking paper
- Beat the Oil, Eggs, Syrup and Water until well combined. Add the dissolved Baking soda and mix slightly
- Sift the Flour, Salt, Baking Powder Ginger and Spices over the Oil mixture and add the Sugar as well
- Beat until very well mixed, about 3 – 5 minutes. Pour half of the batter in each prepared loaf pan
- Bake 45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean, remove from oven, let cool in the pans for a few minutes and transfer to a wire rack (remove the baking paper at the bottom)
SOURCE : “HUISGENOOT WENRESEPTE 5” RECIPE BOOK
You Might Also Like: