Pina Colada Muffins are ideal to start your day by adding one or two to your brunch or pop some into your lunch box for a sweet treat and they are also great as a light dessert !
Pina Colada screams Summer ! No matter whether it is the cocktail, marinated chicken or these Pina Colada Muffins.
I whip these up for brunch or even an early breakfast ( minus the Rum!). The muffins are quick to make and baking is less than half an hour.
If, and that is a big IF, you have any leftover from breakfast, pop some into the kids lunch boxes for a sweet treat later.
The Muffins turn out so moist and packed with tiny pieces of Pineapple, but it is definitely best on the day they were baked, as is the case with most Muffins for some reason.
I do not even bother with butter or any extras, just the Muffins on it’s own with a cup of Vanilla tea and I am happy.
Even though these are Summer treats, I like them warm, not hot, just warm to the touch, but the Muffins are equally delicious cold, which is the way my kids prefer to snack on them.
Right, I need to finish packing for my trip to Australia, which is tomorrow !
And I still have a gazillion things to finalize, make lists for my daughter with all kinds of telephone numbers. The hairdresser’s number was asked first!, doctor’s file numbers, all my flight info, address of where I will be staying..
You get the idea – and I am fairly certain we will be on Skype daily, not to mention texting back and forth.
Pina Colada Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 t Baking Powder
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 can (430g) Crushed Pineapple drained
- 1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 TB White Rum
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 deg C (375 deg F) – spray a 12 hole muffin pan with cooking oil
- Mix together the Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder and Salt in a medium mixing bowl
In a separate bowl, beat together the Egg and Milk – stir in the Pineapple, Coconut and Rum (if using)
- Stir Pineapple mixture into dry ingredients until just combined – spoon into the prepared muffin pan, filling each hole 2/3 full – bake 20 – 25 minutes until golden and a tester comes out clean
- Remove from the oven, let cool 5 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely
Serve on the same day.
You Might Also Like: