Chicken Nugget Tacos with Lime Dressing is mildly spiced chicken nuggets in a soft taco and drizzled with a zesty lime dressing and a family favorite for Taco Tuesdays !
We love our Tacos, but I do not make them very often. I should really, seeing as it is a family favorite, especially these Chicken Nugget Tacos with Lime Dressing.
This is a fantastic variation to the strips or shredded chicken normally in Tacos. I also prefer to use soft Flour Tortillas, the medium size, than the hard corn Tacos.
You could use whichever you like, corn Tacos or as I did with the softer Tortillas, which you can use as a wrap as well in this recipe.
Same recipe, only difference is that you roll-up the filling in the Tortilla instead of folding over like a Taco.
Other than the mildly spiced Chicken Nuggets, we like ours with only some Lettuce and quartered Roma Tomatoes.
The dressing is of course to die for delicious ! So simple, yet a huge favorite with my family, and we not only use the Lime Dressing on these Tacos, but over salads as well.
Absolutely fantastic (but you really do have to use freshly squeezed Lime – it does make a huge difference).
I do not season my Tomatoes, but my husband likes his Salt and always add a pinch or two to his Tacos.
Chicken Nuggets with Lime Dressing as an appetizer !
The Chicken Nuggets served only with the Lime Dressing as a dipping sauce, makes a delicious appetizer or snack as well.
Now and then we would fry up a large batch (2+ kg – about 4.5 pounds) for the sole purpose of snacking on whilst we are watching a Rugby game.
Or be creative and serve a large batch of Nuggets with 2 or 3 different dipping sauces, as most dips are quick and easy to make.
More Chicken recipes you might like:
- Chicken Popcorn
- Thai Chicken Nuggets
- Mexican Chicken
- Drunken Chicken Stir-Fry
- Tequila Lime Steak Enchiladas
Chicken Nugget Tacos with Lime Dressing
- 675 g Chicken Fillets, cubed small ( 1 1/2 pounds )
- 2 t Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 1 t Salt
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 cups Self-Raising Flour
- 2 t Cayenne Pepper
- 1 TB Paprika
- 1 TB Dried Oregano
- 1/2 t Black Pepper
- Oil , for deep-fry
- 3 TB Mayonnaise
- 1 small Lime, juice and zest
- 1 t Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 1 t Water
- 8 Soft Flour Tortillas, medium size (heat just before use)
- 2 cups Roma Tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cups Lettuce, shredded
- Toss together the Chicken, Garlic, Salt and Buttermilk – place in a marinating container and marinade 30 minutes
- Combine the Flour, Cayenne Pepper, Paprika, Oregano and Black Pepper in a medium bowl
- Heat the Oil for deep-fry
- Meanwhile, shake off the excess marinade from the Chicken – dip into the Flour mixture and deep-fry 2 – 3 minutes in small batches – transfer to a paper towel lined plate and keep warm until all the Chicken are cooked
- Dressing: Whisk together the Mayonnaise, Lime zest and juice, Garlic and Water – keep aside until needed.
- To assemble: Scatter some Lettuce over one half of each warmed Tortilla, top with Tomato and Chicken Nuggets – drizzle over some Dressing – fold over the other half of the Tortilla
Serving Size1 Taco
Amount Per Serving Calories 483Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 75mgSodium 1006mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 35g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve immediately. Lunch or light Dinner ? Your choice !