Pizza Bolognaise is perfect for lunch or as a light dinner. Change up your Pizza topping and surprise your family with this easy, delicious Pizza recipe !
We love Spaghetti Bolognaise. But I felt like a change from the normal recipe and especially the spaghetti…. so, I give you Pizza Bolognaise !
Since the kids do their own thing over weekends, I am struggling a bit to come up with dinners for two.
I know most recipes can easily be halved, but if it is only the two of us, I do not want to cook for hours in an already hot kitchen.
Hubby is also, like me, happy to try out new foods, unlike the kids who like their normalfood.
My son even told me the other day that I should just make whatever I have been making over the years ! And not surprise them suddenly with some outlandish dinner on their plates.
Which by the way, they usually enjoy and ask me to make again! Kids..!! I do not think I was ever like that, I ate what I was given and was thankful for it
I used Frozen Pizza Bases but feel free to make your own recipe from scratch.
More Pizza recipes you might like:
- 3 Frozen Pizza Bases, (or make your own recipe) each 30 cm ( 12 inches ) in diameter
- 1 TB Vegetable Oil, to fry
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 450 gr Lean Ground Beef ( 1 pound )
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 3 TB Tomato Paste
- 1 t Sugar
- 2 t Paprika
- 1/8 t Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1/2 t dried Oregano
- 3/4 cup Thick Tomato Sauce (ketchup)
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated – to top
- Pre-heat oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper
- Saute the Onion, Red and Green Bell Peppers in a little Oil until soft – add the Ground Beef and cook until done – season to taste with the Salt and Pepper
- Add the Tomato Paste, Sugar, Paprika, Cayenne Pepper and Oregano to the meat mixture – stir well and simmer 3 – 5 minutes
- Spread the Tomato Sauce on the Pizza bases – place on the prepared baking sheets – sprinkle over the Mozzarella – add meat mixture to each Pizza and sprinkle over Cheddar Cheese
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes until the bases are done and the Cheddar has melted
Recipe yield 3 X 30 cm ( 12 inch ) Pizzas
Serving Size1 Slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 220Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 34mgSodium 328mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 13g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve immediately – although if there are leftovers …it is delicious cold as well!