Sheet Pan Hawaiian Pizza is made with a super quick pizza base, chicken, ham, two cheeses (all which can be substituted to your preference) – 2 pizzas ready in under 30 minutes.
You can make and bake this Sheet Pan Hawaiian Pizza a.k.a. Lazy Cook’s Hawaiian Pizza faster than your Pizza Restaurant can deliver! And it is much tastier, you can still choose your toppings or use what you have on hand.
Years ago, I had a black scrap book in which I pasted recipes, cut out of magazines. My son, then just over a year old, thought it a fun idea one day to feed this book to our two Labradors, which were still puppies really. (together with my purse containing all my bank- and credit cards !)
Fortunately, I noticed fairly soon, but the dogs had already torn my book in half and chewed up half of my plastics ! The cards had to be replaced, but my book !
Oh, I remember running around the garden, trying to pick up all the pieces, until finally, I thought I had found most. Anyway, I did have a great recipe which was very similar to the one I am sharing today, but had gotten lost that day.
This is not a basic pizza crust – it is softer, not meant to eat by hand, but delicious. Before you judge…. see how easy it is to make! Then taste, and Pizza would never be the same again, at least not when you have lots of mouths to feed and are short on time.
Sheet Pan Hawaiian Pizza
- 4 cups Self-Raising Flour
- 1 1/4 cups Boiling Water
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 t Salt
- 2 cans (410g ea) Tomato and Onion
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese grated
- 2 cups Ham sliced or small cubes
- 1 cup Pineapple Pieces canned or fresh
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 1 t Dried Oregano
Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – line 2 baking sheets with baking paper (let the edges hang over the sides of the baking sheet for easy removal)
- Place the Flour, Boiling Water, Oil and Salt in a container with a tight lid, no need to mix, – cover container with the lid and shake up and down, this way and that way for about one minute – open and your crust dough is ready to be divided in two and pressed onto the baking sheets – after pressing onto the baking sheet, using your hands it will not be thick or even – that is fine
- Spread the Tomato and Onion mixture over the pizza bases, followed by the following in this order: Cheddar, Ham, Pineapple, Mozzarella and finally the Oregano
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes until the Cheese start to bubble and brown – remove from the oven and let stand 3 – 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet
- Transfer to a suitable serving plate, slice and serve immediately
Recipe slightly adapted by me from the cookbook Gesinskos
**Any combination of toppings can be used but as this is not a crusty, very strong pizza base, try not to overload**
You Might Also Like: