Semi-homemade Chicken Bacon and Avocado Pizza is quick and easy to make and one of our favorite pizza combinations [for lunch or a light dinner]
This Chicken Bacon and Avocado Pizza is one of our favorite Pizza combinations.
Although, this is a semi-homemade recipe, I make it all the time, especially when I had a busy day and is not in the mood for cooking.
And really, I try to only order take-aways from our local Pizza restaurant when totally necessary.
Number one reason is the most obvious – price ! Have you noticed how crazy restaurant food’s prices have become ?
Since my surgery last year, we have chicken 3 – 4 times a week.
Coming up with ways to serve it to my family does become a little challenging some nights ! Especially since they (well, myself included!) are red meat lovers.
I know, there are literally thousands of ways to dish up anything chicken.
Fortunately this Chicken Bacon and Avocado Pizza is always a hit. We love all the ingredients and I mean, who does not love a good Pizza ?
I still (even after 7 years) have not had the heart to use my late Dad’s bread machine, which is still practically new.
Therefore I have not tried making my own pizza dough yet. Which is most definitely on my list as I think homemade dough just rocks. As for kneading it myself … don’t even go there.
In the meanwhile, I stock up on Frozen Pizza Bases whenever they are on special. Knowing we can pull a couple from the freezer, top and bake them in less time than it would take the pizza deliver guy to get here.
More Chicken recipes you might like:
Chicken Bacon and Avocado Pizza
- 4 Frozen Pizza Bases, frozen (or homemade)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil, extra-virgin
- 1/2 cup Tomato Paste
- 4 t Sugar
- 2 TB Garlic, minced
- 4 t Dried Oregano
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, grated, divided
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken, cubed
- 1 cup Smoked Bacon (raw), chopped (must be a thinly sliced Bacon i.e. streaky, back, shoulder)
- 1 Avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – line 2 baking sheets with baking paper
- Place the Frozen Pizza Bases on the baking sheets – brush with the Olive Oil
- Combine the Tomato Paste, Sugar and Garlic – spread over the Bases
- Sprinkle with the Oregano and 3/4 of the Mozzarella – arrange the Chicken over the Cheese, followed by the Bacon – end off by sprinkling the remaining Mozzarella over the toppings
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes or until the Pizza edges are golden and the Bacon cooked – remove from the oven
- Arrange the Avocado slices on top of each Pizza, sprinkle with more Black Pepper (if you so wish)
- If using fresh Pizza dough - change baking time accordingly
Serving Size:1 Slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144.7 Total Fat: 7.6g Saturated Fat: 2g Unsaturated Fat: 4.1g Carbohydrates: 11.5g Fiber: 0.9g Sugar: 1.5g Protein: 8.3g
As with all Pizzas – best served immediately !