Semi-homemade Chicken Bacon and Avocado Pizza is quick and easy to make and one of our favorite pizza combinations [for lunch or a light dinner]
This Chicken Bacon and Avocado Pizza is one of our favorite Pizza combinations.
Although, this is a semi-homemade recipe, I make it all the time, especially when I had a busy day and is not in the mood for cooking.
And really, I try to only order take-aways from our local Pizza restaurant when totally necessary.
Number one reason is the most obvious – price ! Have you noticed how crazy restaurant food’s prices have become ?
Since my surgery last year, we have chicken 3 – 4 times a week.
Coming up with ways to serve it to my family does become a little challenging some nights ! Especially since they (well, myself included!) are red meat lovers.
I know, there are literally thousands of ways to dish up anything chicken.
Fortunately this Chicken Bacon and Avocado Pizza is always a hit. We love all the ingredients and I mean, who does not love a good Pizza ?
I still (even after 7 years) have not had the heart to use my late Dad’s bread machine, which is still practically new.
Therefore I have not tried making my own pizza dough yet. Which is most definitely on my list as I think homemade dough just rocks. As for kneading it myself … don’t even go there.
In the meanwhile, I stock up on Frozen Pizza Bases whenever they are on special. Knowing we can pull a couple from the freezer, top and bake them in less time than it would take the pizza deliver guy to get here.
More Chicken recipes you might like:
Chicken Bacon and Avocado Pizza
- 4 Frozen Pizza Bases, frozen (or homemade)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil, extra-virgin
- 1/2 cup Tomato Paste
- 4 t Sugar
- 2 TB Garlic, minced
- 4 t Dried Oregano
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, grated, divided
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken, cubed
- 1 cup Smoked Bacon (raw), chopped (must be a thinly sliced Bacon i.e. streaky, back, shoulder)
- 1 Avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – line 2 baking sheets with baking paper
- Place the Frozen Pizza Bases on the baking sheets – brush with the Olive Oil
- Combine the Tomato Paste, Sugar and Garlic – spread over the Bases
- Sprinkle with the Oregano and 3/4 of the Mozzarella – arrange the Chicken over the Cheese, followed by the Bacon – end off by sprinkling the remaining Mozzarella over the toppings
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes or until the Pizza edges are golden and the Bacon cooked – remove from the oven
- Arrange the Avocado slices on top of each Pizza, sprinkle with more Black Pepper (if you so wish)
- If using fresh Pizza dough - change baking time accordingly
Serving Size1 Slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 144.7 Total Fat 7.6g Saturated Fat 2g Unsaturated Fat 4.1g Carbohydrates 11.5g Fiber 0.9g Sugar 1.5g Protein 8.3g
As with all Pizzas – best served immediately !