Chicken Tikka with Mango Salad is a delicious lunch or light dinner and perfect for Spring. The spicy Chicken on a stick can be grilled on a health griller, in a griddle pan or on the barbecue.
The absolute most delicious light dinner or lunch ! Chicken Tikka comes in so many shapes and forms, but we adore this Chicken Tikka with Mango Salad.
Food on a stick is just so much fun, don’t you think ? It can easily be dipped in a sauce and is so easy to eat by hand. I have made Chicken Tikka in so many forms over the years, but this is definitely our favorite.
What does Tikka mean ?
It literally means bits or pieces. Usually Chicken or other types of meat, but it can also refer to vegetables.
We usually enjoy this Chicken Tikka as is, with the Yogurt Sauce and the Mango Salad (which is more a Salsa) without any rice.
Depending on the weather or how hungry your family is, serve the Chicken over Basmati rice together with the Sauce and the Salad.
The serving size is for adults, therefore you can easily stretch the recipe if you have more kids than adults for dinner. Simply make the kebabs a little smaller.
Something else to keep in mind is that the Mango Salad is extremely delicious and always a hit with the kids ! Consider making a double batch, I usually do and we do not even have little kids 😉 .
The cooking options are just about limitless and another bonus !
- Use a griddle pan
- Throw on the barbecue
- Grill using a health griller
- Use a Kebaba (Kebab maker)
Surprise your family with this outstanding meal, which is so perfect during the warmer months. And if they are already fans of anything Chicken Tikka, they will love this version !
More Chicken recipes you might like:
Chicken Tikka With Mango Salad
- 4 large Chicken Fillets, cubed 2.5cm ( 1 inch )
- 3 TB Tandoori Paste
- 1/4 cup Yogurt, plain
- 1 cup Yogurt, plain
- 1 t Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro Leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 TB Olive Oil, extra virgin
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Cucumber, chopped small ( English or plain Cucumber )
- 1 Mango, peeled, cubed small
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Place the Chicken in a marinating bowl - Combine the Tandoori Paste with the Yogurt - pour over the Chicken and stir through until Chicken is coated - chill 30 minutes in refrigerator - turning over once or twice
- Thread cubed Chicken onto skewers - about 12 medium skewers - cook on a health griller, griddle pan or on the barbecue
- Combine all the ingredients for the Sauce and keep chilled until needed
- Toss together all the ingredients for the Mango Salad - transfer to a serving dish or several small individual dishes
- Either drizzle the Sauce over the Chicken or serve in a separate bowl on the side - serve the Mango Salad with the Chicken
The Chicken Tikka is most delicious served over Basmati rice with the Sauce and Mango Salad on the side
Nutrition InformationYield 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 280.2Total Fat 10.4gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7.4gCholesterol 79mgSodium 83.6mgCarbohydrates 13.7gFiber 1.4gSugar 9.3gProtein 32.8g