Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir-Fry is a lip smacking delicious, quick dinner for those busy days – you can have dinner on the table in 30 minutes – start to finish
This post contain affiliate links – please see our Disclosure
I have mentioned a few times previously that I love stir-fry recipes. They are quick, easy, the meat cooks the way you want it to and the vegetables are crunchy as is with this Sweet And Sour Chicken Stir-Fry .
Maybe it is just me, but I like my stir-fries to have a definite crunch to the vegetables.
I really would not like to eat over cooked, mushy vegetables this way, or in most cases I should say.
To be honest, I have over stir-fried vegetables before and on the odd occasion I still manage to do that !
The big secret , is not really that big, constant (but gentle) stirring is required with any stir-fry.
Anyhow, broccoli and me, we have a great understanding ! Fresh broccoli is super to cook with, adds color and most important it contains loads of goodness !
I use store-bought Sauce when making this dish, which usually is a week night dinner and perfect for busy cooks.
Over weekends I do not mind making a sauce from scratch, but during the week, I am a little less picky.
Short cuts to a Stir-Fry
- Use frozen bags of ready made Stir-Fry vegetables – you can cook them straight from the bag, no defrosting necessary
- Buy your Chicken already sliced into strips – the price difference is very low
Sweet And Sour Chicken Stir-Fry
IngredientsYield: 4 People
- 750 g Chicken Fillets, cut into strips ( 1 pound 10 oz )
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 TB Avocado Oil, (or any other suitable oil for high heat cooking)
- 1 bunch Spring Onions, chopped
- 3 t Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 2 1/2 cups Fresh Broccoli Florets
- 250 g Mushrooms, halved or quartered ( 8 oz )
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 1/2 cups Sweet and Sour Sauce, (your favorite brand will do)
- Season the Chicken with Salt and Pepper – heat the Oil in a large wok or similar pan
- Fry the Chicken in 3 batches until cooked – remove from the wok and keep aside
- Using the same wok, (add a little more Oil if needed), fry the Spring Onions, Garlic, Broccoli, Mushrooms and the Red Bell Pepper until tender but still crunchy
- Return the cooked Chicken to the wok – add the Sweet and Sour Sauce and heat through – add more Salt and Pepper if needed
T-fal A80789 Specialty Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe PFOA-Free Jumbo Wok Cookware, 14-Inch, Black
Presto 5900 1500-Watt Stainless-Steel Electric Wok
5-piece Bamboo Wok Cooking Set Perfect for Every Chef- Superior Quality, Made with Bamboo, Wok Spatula, Silicone Spatula, Bamboo Wok Spoons and Paddle for Cooking/Stir Frying Your Favorite Foods
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390.3 Total Fat: 7.6g Saturated Fat: 2.6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 107.7mg Sodium: 376mg Carbohydrates: 36.1g Fiber: 4.1g Sugar: 2.2g Protein: 45.7g
Serve over Asian Noodles or Rice.
Here is another stir-fry favorite you might like !