Pineapple Honey-Bacon and Avocado Salad with a light Lemon Mustard dressing is the perfect appetizer and can also be served as a side salad.
One of our favorite Salad Appetizers ! I serve this Pineapple Honey-Bacon Avocado Salad just about always as an appetizer and my family totally loves it.
Light and oh so delicious with the honeyed Bacon, this salad will give your guests a welcome surprise when served as an appetizer.
The combination of Bacon, fruit, vegetable and salad leaves are amazing and will not interfere with your guests’ appetite. But will instead make them look forward to the main meal.
This salad is ideal to serve when you know your main meal might still be a little while. And a glass of wine with the salad is always a great idea !
I like to serve three course meals, although lately I have skipped either the appetizer or the dessert. Now and then we would only have a main course.
My kids grew up with three course meals most of the time, especially when I stopped working full-time at a company I had been for many years.
Nowadays, I tend to turn a little lazy as it is mostly only hubby and myself for dinner. My son is here during the week, some weekends too, but it makes setting a weekly menu up a tad more difficult.
Not sure about you, but I like to set up my menu on a weekly basis. Get the list ready, check the refrigerator, freezer and the pantry – then get everything I need from the stores in one go.
Obviously, most fresh produce we buy at most three days in advance, otherwise, we buy as needed.
Fortunately, I usually have all the ingredients required in this Pineapple Honey-Bacon and Avocado Salad on hand. I do prefer to use fresh Pineapple, but if the salad is a last minute decision, I take a short-cut and use canned Pineapple rings.
On very warm days hubby and I would enjoy the salad as a light dinner. We only add a wholewheat roll on the side. This normally happens on days when we had a largish lunch, or late lunch.
More Pineapple and / or Avocado salad recipes you might like:
- Sweet Chili Paw-Paw and Pineapple Salad
- Avocado Potato Salad
- Asian Pork Tenderloin and Pineapple Salad
Pineapple Honey-Bacon and Avocado Salad
- 8 slices Bacon
- 1 TB Honey
- 6 slices Pineapple, 1 cm thick ( 1/2 inch )
- 1 Avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 2 cups Crisp Lettuce, (or Salad leaves you prefer)
- 1 t Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 t Dried Chili Flakes, crushed
- 1 TB Honey
- 1 TB Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 TB Olive Oil, extra virgin
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C ( 400 deg F ) - line a sheet pan with baking paper - arrange the Bacon on the sheet pan - cook 10 minutes - remove, brush with Honey and return to the oven for another 5 minutes - remove, cool and break into pieces
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan and grill the Pineapple slices 1 - 2 minutes per side - cool and slice into bite sized pieces
- Toss together Bacon, Pineapple, Avocado and Lettuce in a mixing bowl - transfer to a serving dish
- Whisk together the first 5 ingredients for the dressing - season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper
- Drizzle over Salad and serve
Amount Per Serving Calories 184Total Fat 11.5gSaturated Fat 1.8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9.7gCholesterol 7.6mgSodium 534.2mgCarbohydrates 18.6gFiber 3.8gSugar 13.4gProtein 4.5g