Tropical Vegetable Salad is loaded with vegetables and the added Pineapple makes the salad a hit, especially with kids – savory-sweet crunchy delicious!
I did mention that I am going to share more salads from now on and will start with this scrumptious Tropical Vegetable Salad !
We eat loads of salads, especially during Spring and Summer, but salads are so versatile as a side dish during the colder months as well.
Usually, when I make comfort food, it is rich enough to be served on it’s own. Think stew on a bed of rice, meatballs with mashed potatoes and so on.
That is where a salad is perfect as a side, not as rich as a normal side dish, just a something extra.
I am sharing a recipe with you today which is full of vegetables, but with a delicious tropical taste – pineapple!
We have enjoyed this salad for many years, unchanged, which I found in the Eenskotteltreffers recipe book.
This is one recipe, which I feel is just right, no need to change, so we have it as is straight from the book.
I have also found that kids would rather eat their vegetables served s a salad, and this Tropical Vegetable Salad is always a hit with them.
Any leftovers ? Enjoy the salad for lunch the next day, either on it’s own, or with a roasted piece of chicken. Even deli meats go well with leftover salad.
*Perfect for dieters ! Simply use Pineapple in Natural Juice and a Light Mayonnaise*
More Salad recipes you might like:
- Balsamic Roasted Pork and Berry Salad
- Best Layered Salad
- Mad Dog Salad
- Ham and Cheese Pasta Salad
- Strawberry Arugula Salad
Connect with us :
Tropical Vegetable Salad
- 500 g Frozen Mixed Vegetables ( 16 oz ) (Corn/Peas/Carrot/Beans or similar)
- 1 can (425g) Pineapple pieces
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 TB Mayonnaise
- Salt, to taste
- Lemon Pepper, to taste
- 3 TB Parsley, chopped
- Boil the Frozen Vegetables in salted water for 5 – 8 minutes – drain and set aside to cool completely - see note below
- Drain the Pineapple (but keep 2 TB of the liquid aside) – mix with the Onion and add to the cooled Vegetables
- Combine the retained Pineapple liquid, Mayonnaise, Salt, Lemon Pepper and Parsley – stir through the Vegetable mixture
- Transfer to a serving bowl and keep well chilled until ready to serve
- for quicker cooling rinse the warm vegetables under cold water
- leftovers keep well covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days
Nutrition InformationYield 10
Amount Per Serving Calories 95.6Total Fat 1.3gSaturated Fat 0.1gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 1.3mgSodium 85.8mgCarbohydrates 13.3gFiber 3.2gSugar 5gProtein 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate