Tasty, quick and easy, mix and bake recipe for a Garlic and Parsley Beer Bread to serve as a side instead of dinner rolls or as a snack.
The only breads which I have ever baked was the quick-and-easy type and this recipe is no different.
Garlic and Parsley Beer Bread is a firm favorite with my family, especially just out of the oven with a generous slap of butter !
If there is one thing that I find irritating to work with, it is yeast and the waiting for the dough to rise.
I baked this beer bread the other day because we wanted something to snack on. But you know, not the normal snacks and I had freshly baked warm bread on my mind.
Paging through an old Tupperware recipe book, brought me to the recipe which I am sharing today.
The original recipe only consists of the first 4 ingredients, but as usual, I had to go add more stuff (good stuff!).
However, if you only want the plain Beer Bread only use the 4 ingredients listed first and leave out the Garlic and Parsley, or add something else !
You can serve the Garlic and Parsley Beer bread as a snack with butter and a slice of cheese, as a side instead of a dinner roll or with any toppings which go well with Garlic and Parsley.
Oh, and best way to eat this – warm, thickly sliced with lots of butter ! Best eaten on the day the bread is baked.
More Quick Bread (sweet and savory) recipes you might like:
- Moist Chocolate Banana Bread
- Quick Corn Bread
- Chocolate Bread with Chocolate Honey Butter
- Tomato Basil Bread
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
Garlic And Parsley Beer Bread
- 6 1/4 cups Self-Raising Flour
- 1 t Salt
- 1 t Sugar
- 1 can (340ml) Beer (must be ice cold – I use a Lager Beer)
- 2 TB Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray and line a medium loaf pan
- Sift together the Flour, Salt & Sugar – slowly add the Beer - stir through and mix by hand until well combined
- Add the Garlic and Parsley – mix (by hand is easiest)
- Spoon into the prepared loaf pan - level and bake 50 – 60 minutes until nicely browned and fully cooked
- Cool on a cooling rack (can be served warm or cold)
Serving Size1 Slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 195.5 Total Fat 0.5g Saturated Fat 0.1g Sodium 873.6mg Carbohydrates 39.3g Fiber 1.4g Sugar 0.5g Protein 5.2g