Turn a store-bought French loaf into a gooey delicious, Cheesy Garlic Bread quickly and easily – perfect side or appetizer for any occasion
I made this very cheesy garlic bread today, to go with our braai (BBQ).
Our supermarkets sell them, packed in the aluminum foil. All ready for the grill or oven, but these store-bought breads has so little garlic in them.
Never sure whether the intention was for it to be garlic or maybe the price/name tag was a typo..
Anyhow, I prefer to make my own even though I do buy the plain bread from the supermarket.
Tip : The more Parsley you use, the less people will give you a “dirty” look because of your garlic breath the next day 😉
More Bread recipes you might like:
Connect with us :
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 French Loaf (I used Rye-bread in this recipe)
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 TB Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- 2 TB Chives, chopped
- Gouda Cheese, sliced
- Cut the Bread into slices, but not all the way through
- Combine the Butter with the Garlic, Parsley and Chives – using a knife .. press/spread this mixture into all the cuts on the Bread
- Insert a slice of Gouda Cheese into each cut
- Wrap it in aluminium foil – put it on the side of the grill (you really only want to heat this through in order to melt the cheese) – ours was ready after 20 – 25 minutes. If you use your oven, set it to 180 deg C (350 deg F) and bake for 15 – 20 minutes
- Sliced Tomato can be added as well, but we are not always in the mood for Tomatoes
Serving Sizeper slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 300.9 Total Fat 14.1g Saturated Fat 7.7g Unsaturated Fat 3.3g Carbohydrates 33.5g Fiber 2g Sugar 3g Protein 10.8g