Potato Bacon and Egg Salad is loaded with Bacon, Egg and more salad ingredients – serve slightly warm and perfect as a light dinner during the cooler months.
This Potato Bacon and Egg Salad looks almost too pretty to eat, but let me tell you, once you start, you won’t be able to stop !
It does not happen often (if ever!) when a salad wins hands down over another kind of main meal, but this is the perfect light dinner or lunch during the early Fall weeks. Or early Spring even, when the weather is still a little chilly.
The salad is served semi warm, which makes it great for Fall or Winter and it is just as delicious cold.
It might look like a lot of work, but it’s not really and it will look like you spent hours preparing it.
This is exactly the type of salad which I will take with to a family gathering. Very impressive looking, filling and delicious too.
Potato, Bacon And Egg Salad (Fall)
- 450 g Baby Potatoes skin on, scrubbed clean and cooked ( 1 pound )
- 3 TB Vegetable Oil
- 250 g Bacon Bits ( 8 oz )
- 3 TB Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 TB Dijon Mustard
- 2 Spring Onions chopped (white and green parts)
- Lettuce shredded
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 large Avocado peeled, cubed
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs peeled. halved
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Heat half the Oil in a large saucepan – fry the Bacon until crisp – remove and keep aside
- Using the same saucepan – add the remaining Oil – cut the Baby Potatoes in half and fry in the Oil until golden
- Add the Balsamic Vinegar, Mustard and Spring Onions – stir-fry another minute and remove from heat – add half the cooked Bacon and keep aside
- Arrange the shredded Lettuce on a serving plate – spoon over the warm Potato mixture – scatter the Red Pepper and Avocado over the Potatoes
- Top with the Egg halves and the remaining cooked Bacon Bits – season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper
You Might Also Like: