Everything nice and spicy in this Mad Dog Salad ! Crunchy Tortilla chips, herbs, lettuce, nuts, seeds and so much more
There is so much flavor in this Mad Dog Salad , it is almost unbelievable ! I love crunchy salads, but this recipe has it all, crunch, flavorful herbs, nuts, seeds …
I have not layered the salad in any specific order, only tried to mix up all the wonderful ingredients, so that no one misses out on a single taste.
At first I thought my family would like it as we are salad fans, but their response was out of this world !
My daughter could not stop eating and talking about the Mad Dog Salad until it was all finished. I had seconds, but would have loved thirds – unfortunately, I was beaten to it.
No worries though, this salad will be made more often now !
It might look a little daunting as the ingredients list is quite long (for a salad). But it is so quick to throw together, there is no excuse not to try this.
More Salad recipes you might like:
Mad Dog Salad
- 3 Medium Tortillas, cut into triangles (chip size)
- 1 t Salt
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cups Arugula
- 4 cups Mixed Lettuce Leaves
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 TB Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Lime , juice only
- 2 TB Light Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 Red Chili, chopped
- 1 Green Chili, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Arrange the Tortilla triangles on the baking sheet – sprinkle over the Salt, Pine Nuts and Pumpkin Seeds – bake 5 minutes or until the Tortillas are crispy and light golden on the edges – remove from the oven and let cool
- Toss together in a large bowl – Arugula, Lettuce, Bell Pepper, Cilantro and Onion
- Add the cooled Tortilla/Nut/Seeds and gently mix – transfer to a serving bowl
- Combine the Lime Juice, Olive Oil and Salt/Pepper – drizzle over the Salad
- Sprinkle over the Cheddar and the Chilies
- Chill until ready to serve
Nutrition InformationYield 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 220.1Total Fat 15.1gSaturated Fat 3.5gUnsaturated Fat 10.5gCarbohydrates 16.1gFiber 2.4gSugar 1.6gProtein 6.7g
Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Remember to PIN to your favorite Pinterest board !