Everything nice and spicy in this Mad Dog Salad ! Crunchy Tortilla chips, herbs, lettuce, nuts, seeds and so much more
There is so much flavor in this Mad Dog Salad , it is almost unbelievable ! I love crunchy salads, but this recipe has it all, crunch, flavorful herbs, nuts, seeds …
I have not layered the salad in any specific order, only tried to mix up all the wonderful ingredients, so that no one misses out on a single taste.
At first I thought my family would like it as we are salad fans, but their response was out of this world !
My daughter could not stop eating and talking about the Mad Dog Salad until it was all finished. I had seconds, but would have loved thirds – unfortunately, I was beaten to it.
No worries though, this salad will be made more often now !
It might look a little daunting as the ingredients list is quite long (for a salad). But it is so quick to throw together, there is no excuse not to try this.
More Salad recipes you might like:
Mad Dog Salad
- 3 Medium Tortillas, cut into triangles (chip size)
- 1 t Salt
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cups Arugula
- 4 cups Mixed Lettuce Leaves
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 TB Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Lime , juice only
- 2 TB Light Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 Red Chili, chopped
- 1 Green Chili, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Arrange the Tortilla triangles on the baking sheet – sprinkle over the Salt, Pine Nuts and Pumpkin Seeds – bake 5 minutes or until the Tortillas are crispy and light golden on the edges – remove from the oven and let cool
- Toss together in a large bowl – Arugula, Lettuce, Bell Pepper, Cilantro and Onion
- Add the cooled Tortilla/Nut/Seeds and gently mix – transfer to a serving bowl
- Combine the Lime Juice, Olive Oil and Salt/Pepper – drizzle over the Salad
- Sprinkle over the Cheddar and the Chilies
- Chill until ready to serve
Amount Per Serving Calories 220.1Total Fat 15.1gSaturated Fat 3.5gUnsaturated Fat 10.5gCarbohydrates 16.1gFiber 2.4gSugar 1.6gProtein 6.7g
Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Remember to PIN to your favorite Pinterest board !