White Chocolate and Pineapple Coconut Bars which no one can ever resist ! Spring and tropical flavors rule in these easy to make bars, and the longer they stand the better.
These White Chocolate and Pineapple Coconut Bars might as well have been called Pina Colada bars. But the white chocolate gives it a totally different spin, on not only the flavor but the texture as well.
It is not overly gooey, but together with the pineapple it becomes a delicious chewy cake with a simple coconut icing.
I made a double batch as I knew we would love these and therefore had some leftover the following day. The bars only became more delicious !
This is definitely one of those cakes that develops more taste on standing, but feel free to tuck in right after you have iced them (or not !).
More White Chocolate dessert recipes you might like:
White Chocolate and Pineapple Coconut Bars
- 6 TB Butter coarsely chopped
- 250 g White Chocolate good eating quality, chopped ( 8 oz )
- 1 can (440g) Crushed Pineapple
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Self-Raising Flour
- 1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 1/2 cups Icing Sugar sifted
- 1/3 cup Shredded Coconut
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 deg C (325 deg F) – line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Melt together the Butter and White Chocolate – leave to cool slightly
- Meanwhile, drain the Pineapple, but retain 2 tablespoons of liquid
- Stir in the Caster Sugar, Eggs, Flour, Self-Raising Flour and Desiccated Coconut into the melted Chocolate – add the drained Pineapple and stir well to combine
- Pour batter onto the prepared baking sheet and make even – bake 30 – 35 minutes – remove from the oven and let cool completely in the baking sheet
- Combine the retained Pineapple liquid and Icing Sugar – stir until icing is spreadable
- Spread the Icing over the cake and sprinkle with Shredded Coconut
Stand at room temperature until icing has set before slicing into bars.