Lime and Pineapple Chicken Burger is low in fat, healthier and always a winner with 1000 Island Dressing instead of a rich mayonnaise (or similar) sauce.
We love our burgers and just about any burger is welcome, especially when homemade. The Lime and Pineapple Chicken Burger is also low in fat !
By now, you should have an idea that I like quick and easy meals (think I have mentioned this ..uhm,,, lots of times before!) and this is one of them.
I usually add 1000 Island Salad Dressing to our chicken or seafood burgers – unless I make a special sauce from scratch.
However, I only use the “Light” now and there really is no difference in taste to the original sauce. The Salad Dressing is also much, much tastier than a boring slap of Mayo on a burger.
Therefore — get this going and you will have dinner (or lunch) on the table in under 30 minutes.
Lime and Pineapple Chicken Burger
- 3 large Chicken Fillets halved
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Lime Juice freshly squeezed
- 6 Pineapple Rings (1.5cm / 1/2 inch thick)
- 6 Wholewheat Burger Buns
- 6 TB Light 1000 Island Salad Dressing
- 6 large Basil Leaves
- Season the Chicken with the Salt and Pepper – brush with the Lime Juice
- Grill the Chicken on a health griller, grilling pan or on the BBQ, turning and brushing with the Lime Juice until done
- Same with the Pineapple – brush with Lime Juice and grill until slightly charred
- Slice the Burger Buns in half – spread 1 tablespoon Dressing on each bottom half of the buns
Add Lettuce, Chicken, Pineapple and a Basil leaf
- Top with the other half of the Burger Bun
Simple, but delicious !
You Might Also Like