Chorizo Egg and Bean Salad is a rich, filling salad which is perfect for lunch/light dinner with a dinner roll – lots of protein in this Salad !
This is the perfect lunch or light dinner. Serve the salad with only a dinner roll or two and the Chorizo Egg and Bean Salad is a very filling meal.
Most of the ingredients can be prepped in advance and tossed together just before serving.
We have practically lived on salads this Summer as we had fairly high temperatures in South-Africa, especially during January.
I can feel Autumn closing in, slowly but surely, the mornings are crisper with a tiny bite and the evenings are also cooler.
Have to be honest, I am actually looking forward to Winter this year. But, as is my nature, of course after the first week of real cold, I will complain about that again, wishing for Spring to arrive.
Anyhow, with the cooler temperatures – nowhere close to chilly or cold though – I am upping our salads, making them a little richer and more filling.
The Chorizo Egg and Bean Salad has so much more going on ! I could really have called it the All-In-One-Salad, but now that just seems like a silly name !
Roast your own Bell Peppers
You can roast the Bell Peppers whole, place in a plastic bag to sweat, and then easily remove the skin if you would rather prefer doing it that way.
I have lots of small bags of frozen chopped Bell Peppers and normally use them in stir-fries. But to remove the skin from small pieces of Bell Peppers is not my kind of fun, therefore I left the skin on.
More Salad recipes you might like (for lunch/light dinner):
- Thai Chicken Salad
- Shrimp Salad with Spicy Watermelon Salsa
- Bacon Tomato Pasta Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
Chorizo Egg and Bean Salad
- 1 Ciabatta (or Panini) cubed into bite sized pieces
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil, extra-virgin, divided
- 1 cup Mixed Bell Peppers, chopped
- 4 Eggs, hard boiled, quartered
- 2 Chorizo Sausages, sliced and fried crisp
- 1 can (410 g) Butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large Tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 4 Handfuls Mixed Salad Leaves
- 3 TB Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Place the Ciabatta/Panini cubes on a baking sheet – drizzle over half the Olive Oil and place under the oven’s grill element for 5 – 7 minutes until crispy, turning frequently and do keep an eye on them as they tend to burn quickly – remove from the oven and let cool completely
- Whilst the oven is hot, turn it to 220 deg C (440 deg F) – place the Bell Pepper pieces in a baking dish – roast 12 – 15 minutes, turning once, until soft – remove and let cool completely
- Toss together the Ciabatta/Panini, Bell Peppers, Eggs, Chorizo, Butterbeans, Tomatoes and Salad Leaves – transfer to a serving dish
- Whisk together the remaining Olive Oil and the Vinegar – season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper – drizzle over the Salad just before serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 370.9 Total Fat 24.7g Saturated Fat 6.1g Unsaturated Fat 16.9g Carbohydrates 22.7g Fiber 1.3g Sugar 2.7g Protein 14.1g
Serve the Salad with fresh, crunchy dinner rolls.