Creamy, very tasty and most delicious Spinach and Sausage Potato Bake which the whole family will love for lunch or as a light dinner
What a wonderful dinner ! The Spinach and Sausage Potato Bake needs very little preparation and other than that, it is more or less a dump and bake recipe.
This is also a very economical meal, as the only ingredient which is a little pricey (although cheaper than most other meats etc) is the Cheese Grillers. Or hotdogs as some refer to the sausages.
You can use any kind of cooked, hotdog type, sausage. However, I prefer the cheesy ones – adds just that extra touch !
A quick browning of the Cheese Grillers, some chopping and slicing, and you are well on your way to a delicious, and different meal, lunch or dinner.
If you are using a cheese filled hotdog and the cheese tends to melt very quickly, rather keep the sausages whole when frying. Let cool a little and then slice into pieces.
Once all the ingredients are in the oven dish, it would not matter all that much if the cheese still melts out as it will blend in with the final dish.
Oh, and do not forget to stick in some Potato slices along the sides of the dish – most deliciously crispy !
You might also like:
Spinach and Sausage Potato Bake
- 1 TB Oil
- 6 Cheese Grillers sliced (any Cheesy Hotdog)
- 2 cups Fresh Spinach chopped
- 3 Large Potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup Fresh Cream (double cream/whipping cream)
- 2 Eggs
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese cubed or crumbled
Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) spray a 20 x 30cm (8 x 12 inch) oven dish with cooking oil
- Heat the Oil and pan fry the Cheese Grillers for 2 minutes – remove from heat
- Combine the Cheese Grillers and the Spinach – scoop into the prepared oven dish
- Stick the Potato slices upright into the Spinach mixture
- Whisk together the Cream and Eggs – season lightly with Salt and Pepper – pour over the Spinach and Potatoes
- Sprinkle Feta over and cover dish with aluminum foil – bake 30 minutes – remove aluminum foil and bake a further 25 minutes or until the Potatoes are done
Serve with salads or vegetable sides.