Strawberry Arugula Salad is a delicious and refreshing sweet / salty salad combination and perfect not only as a side dish, but is great to serve for lunch as well
This is my favorite salad combination ! There is not much better than a Strawberry Arugula Salad served with grilled kebabs, steaks, lamb chops or Boerewors.
Autumn or not here in South-Africa, we braai (BBQ) throughout the year and as our eating habits change due to a couple of adjustments we had to make, we tend to eat more salads.
Not only are green and red very striking together, it just so happens that the two main ingredients are my favorite fruit and my favorite herb.
I even managed to get my son to like Arugula ! He is not the easiest person to please food-wise, although he eats, and always appreciates any efforts put into cooking, just about everything.
The first time I made a dish with Arugula, I knew he would instantly remove all the green stuff, and push it to the side.
As I knew that was about to happen, I gave him a single Arugula leaf before starting his dinner, and asked him to just taste it before judging. Well I never !
He actually ate the Arugula (with much concentration on his face!!) and then said he likes it and it is delicious – win for Mom !
More Salad recipes you might like:
- Shrimp Salad with Spicy Watermelon Salsa
- Ham and Cheese Pasta Salad
- Smoked Chicken and Blueberry Salad
- Apple Slaw
- Brie and Pear Salad
Strawberry Arugula Salad
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/3 cup Red Onion, finely chopped
- 5 cups Arugula, baby leaves
- 1 low-fat Feta Cheese Round, crumbled or cubed
- 2 TB Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 t Honey
- 1 TB Olive Oil, extra virgin
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Arrange the Strawberries, Onion, Arugula and Feta on a large salad serving plate
- Mix together the Balsamic Vinegar, Honey. Olive Oil, Salt and Black Pepper – drizzle over the salad
Amount Per Serving Calories 63Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 2gCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 2g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve well chilled.