Avocado Cherry Tomato and Corn Salad is so easy and quick to throw together and always a delicious side addition to a barbecue or a home cooked meal.
We braai (BBQ) a lot – I mean, who watches a Rugby match without the grill on? And this Avocado Cherry Tomato and Corn Salad is so easy and quick to throw together !
Speaking of Rugby, I am a enormous gigantic HUGE fan of the Blue Bulls. Always have been, and always will be .. got that?? ALWAYS!
Now in our house things are a bit complicated. Everyone has a different team we support. Yeah, it can get serious on a game day …
ME : Blue Bulls
HUBBY : Sharks
SON : Lions/Hurricanes
DAUGHTER : Stormers
Right, but we all agree – Rugby and a Braai goes hand in hand. No matter the weather !
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
Avocado Cherry Tomato and Corn Salad
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes halved (I like Italian, nice and sweet)
- 1/2 Onion thinly sliced
- 1 large Avocado see Recipe Notes below
- 1 TB White Vinegar
- 1/2 t Dijon Mustard
- 2 TB Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1/8 t Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- Boil the Frozen Corn for 7 – 10 minutes, drain and let it cool completely (If you’re in a hurry, keep it in the colander under running cold water for a minute)
- Place all the Salad ingredients in a salad bowl and mix gently
- Mix together all the ingredients for the Vinaigrette and drizzle over the Salad – mix slightly
Avocado - cubed into bite-sized pieces, sprinkle very lightly with lemon juice, to avoid discoloration
Keep in the fridge till ready to serve.
You Might Also Like: