Creamiest Cheese Mac and Bacon you will ever have ! Ready in 30 minutes and always a hit whenever I serve this version of a Mac and and Cheese.
Every family has their favorite Macaroni and Cheese recipe. Some with meat, some without … we love our meat, and a main meal, without meat, just would not work for us.
This Creamiest Cheese Mac and Bacon has been our favorite for years.
I have made this recipe for years and made no changes, ever ! Normally, I like to experiment, but according to the familia, it’s non-negotiable on this recipe.
And I agree, this is simple, creamy delicious and something I know I always have all the ingredients on hand.
It is a very rich meal and we have this on it’s own or maybe with a light crunchy salad.
This is also my son’s favorite and whenever he’s asked to decide about dinner .. well, I just told you it’s his favorite, so you know what his answer will be.
Creamiest Cheese Mac and Bacon
- 500 g Macaroni ( 16 oz )
- 250 g Bacon Bits ( 8 oz )
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 3 cups Milk
- 3 cups Cheddar Cheese grated
- Boil the Macaroni in salted water until al dente
- Meanwhile fry the Bacon in a pan (if Bits are used, no oil is needed – if you use another type, just fry as you normally will, then chop into bite-sized pieces) Remove from pan and keep warm
By now the Macaroni should almost be done – Use a 1 liter ( 4 cups ) microwave container (I use a glass measuring jug) – melt the Butter/margarine in the microwave. Add the flour and stir well until a smooth paste forms
- Add the Milk little by little, stir and scrape the bottom and sides to make sure all the butter, flour and milk are combined. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes, stir, make sure there are no lumps, repeat this same method twice more. Then, microwave, 1 minute at a time, stirring after every minute until you are satisfied with the thickness of the sauce. (6 – 8 minutes)
- Add the Cheese in 3 batches to the sauce, stirring until the Cheese has melted after each addition
- Drain the Macaroni and place in a large mixing bowl, add the Bacon and mix until combined
- Stir in the Cheese Sauce – transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately
You Might Also Like: