Quick lunch or light dinner ? This Thai Chicken Salad is perfect and you can do all the prepping in advance ! Very filling and packed with vegetables
This Thai Chicken Salad will quickly become a family favorite if you like Thai food, and especially Salads.
I can be as happy as can be with a plateful of Chicken Salad, or any Salad for that matter.
We love our salads, and have our absolute favorites, but in general, living in sunny SA, salads are a staple for lunch or light dinners.
In this recipe for the Thai Chicken Salad the marinade serves a 2-in-1 goal. Marinade and Dressing ! You only use a little for the marinating part and the remaining marinade gets added ingredients and drizzled over the Salad just before serving.
There is so much going on in this Salad that at first glance, you would never think so. After your first taste you will think you are in some Foodies paradise !
I make this Thai Chicken Salad fairly often, as you can do most of the prepping way in advance. Even the cooking of the Chicken !
And once you are ready to serve, toss everything together, and your Salad is done and lunch or a light dinner can be served.
More Chicken Salad recipes you might like:
Thai Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 3 TB Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 t Garlic, minced
- 3 TB Olive Oil
- 2 TB Hoisin Sauce
- 1 TB Sesame Oil
- 1 t Tabasco Sauce
- 2 TB Brown Sugar
- 2 TB Honey
- 300 g Chicken Fillets (10.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Spring Onions, chopped (Scallions)
- 1 Small Cabbage, shredded, torn
- 2 Carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 Onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup Cilantro Leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Almond Flakes, toasted, divided
- 2 t Sesame Seeds, toasted, divided
- Combine the Marinade/Dressing ingredients (Soy Sauce through Honey)
- Place the Chicken in a marinade bowl – drizzle over 3 TB of the Marinade/Dressing – cover and chill for 30 minutes, turning over after 15 minutes
- Add the Red Wine Vinegar and Spring Onions to the remaining Dressing – chill until needed
- Grill the Chicken Fillets using a health griller, griddle pan, the BBQ grill or George Foreman until done – allow to rest for 15 – 20 minutes – cut into cubes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Chicken, Cabbage, Carrots, Onion, Cilantro, half the Almonds and half the Sesame Seeds – toss well and transfer to a serving dish
- Drizzle with the Dressing and sprinkle over the remaining Almonds and Sesame Seeds
Amount Per Serving Calories 299.6Total Fat 16,5gSaturated Fat 2.5gUnsaturated Fat 13.6gCarbohydrates 26.3gFiber 5.4gProtein 16.3g
Serve immediately as lunch, a light dinner or a side.