Mediterranean Baby Potatoes is bursting with the taste of the Mediterranean – bring this to your home with this scrumptious, easy Baby Potato dish !
We usually have potatoes more than once, and sometimes even more than twice a week, therefore I take it we are a potato fanatic family.
These Mediterranean Baby Potatoes are one of our favorites and I love it because it is a no-fuss, bake and serve dish.
Once again, I could not get hold of decent looking baby potatoes at our local supermarket. Which for more than one reason we would not be supporting any longer (after we’d been loyal customers for decades).
The store’s – and I mean the whole chain of stores – fruits and vegetables are really becoming second class and the shelves are not fully stocked. This makes finding something simple, like fresh herbs, almost impossible.
The other reason we will stop supporting this chain of stores, is purely a political thing.
I believe they should sell groceries and not even go near politics, which they unfortunately did. And are most certain to lose a load of previously loyal customers. But enough of that..
I could not resist taking a close up of this dish ! An extreme close up that is .. Look at those Tomatoes, just ready and on the verge of bursting. This is when a roasted dish with Tomatoes is most delicious !
With A Blast is all about easy, no-fuss recipes, but definitely not giving up on any flavors and deliciousness.
This Mediterranean Baby Potatoes dish is just that, no-fuss, quick to prepare/bake and very, very tasty. The perfect side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas or as an everyday dish.
More Potato recipes you might like:
Mediterranean Baby Potatoes
- 450 g Baby Potatoes, scrubbed and halved (1 pound)
- 1 TB Olive Oil, extra-virgin
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Stock (or Beef Stock)
- 2 TB Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1/3 cup Black Kalamata Olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup Baby Tomatoes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a 20 x 30 cm (9 x 13 inch) oven dish with cooking oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together all the ingredients, except the Tomatoes – bake 30 – 35 minutes or until the Potatoes are just tender
- Add the Tomatoes and bake another 15 minutes or until the Potatoes are soft and light golden
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled:
- Double/triple the ingredients
- Use a larger baking dish
Amount Per Serving Calories 155.8 Total Fat 6.7g Saturated Fat 0.6g Unsaturated Fat 3g Carbohydrates 21.9g Fiber 1.8g Sugar 1g Protein 2.6g
Serve as a side dish.