Shrimp Springrolls are so easy to make – perfect vegetable and shrimp appetizer or snack and everyone always wants the recipe !
Shrimp Springrolls are tremendously delicious and ever so versatile. The Springrolls can be served as an appetizer, after school snack or as part of a savory platter ( I am a huge fan of sweet and savory platters ! )
We used to always buy ready-made Springrolls as it seemed to me like a lot of work ! Boy, oh boy, was I wrong …
Once the filling is made, which is already so quick and easy, all that needs to be done is wrapping the mixture in Spring Roll Wrappers and a quick deep-fry – Voila ! and it’s ready to be served.
We have since enjoyed these Shrimp Springrolls at least a dozen of times per month and that is a lot of repeats for me as I do not like to make the same dish (any dish mostly) more than once in 2 – 3 weeks.
But, then again, this is a snack and we are a snacking family, especially over weekends.
During the week I make this as an appetizer, as I can make the filling ahead of time, and even fill the rolls, therefore all that is needed is a quick dunk in the deep-fryer.
I have also experimented with various vegetables in these Shrimp Springrolls, but the recipe below is a winning combination by far.
More Shrimp recipes you might like:
Shrimp Springrolls are so easy to make - vegetable and shrimp loaded and the perfect appetizer or snack
- Vegetable Oil for frying and deep-frying
- 1 t Garlic and Ginger Paste
- 3 cups Cabbage finely shredded
- 3 cups Carrots peeled, finely grated
- 3 TB Soy Sauce
- 2 Spring Onions finely sliced
- 300 g Shrimp cooked ( 10.5 oz )
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds toasted
- 30 Spring Roll Wrappers
- Heat a little Oil in a large skillet – add the Garlic and Ginger Paste and stir-fry 30 seconds
- Add the Cabbage, Carrots, Soy Sauce, Spring Onions and Shrimp to the skillet – stir-fry until vegetables are tender but still crunchy – remove from heat and stir in the Sesame Seed – let cool
- Place a dollop of the Shrimp filling on a Spring Roll Wrapper – roll up as per the instructions on the packet
- Heat enough Oil to deep-fry in a skillet or saucepan over medium heat – Deep-fry the Springrolls in batches until done ( drain on paper towels as soon as each batch is done )
Serve with a dip of your choice. I personally prefer a good sweet and sour sauce.