Slow-Cooker Beef Ravioli is an easy, delicious and economical comfort food for Fall or Winter
This Slow-Cooker Beef Ravioli is obviously a mock recipe, as I have not used actual Ravioli pasta in the dish. I used Farfalle (Bow Tie) pasta instead. But, it tastes just like the real thing, only easier and more delicious.
I do not add raw pasta to the slow-cooker in the beginning but rather add cooked pasta later on in the recipe, as I have found that the pasta keeps up the shape better this way.
The dish is super creamy and one of the best comfort pasta dinner recipes I have tried in the slow-cooker to date. It is also a very economical dish as it serves 6 adults easily.
And if you add another 2 cups of Pasta and an additional can of Tomato Puree, the dish is more than enough for 8 – 9 adult servings.
A little frying in the beginning (you can cook the Pasta whilst busy with this) and after that it is basically a dump and cook affair, which is always a bonus.
Towards the end of the cooking time, the Pasta, Spinach and Cheeses are stirred in, re-heated and dinner is ready.
We never have a side dish (vegetable or salad) with the Beef Ravioli, as it is rich and very filling, but it is up to you if you would prefer a little something on the side.
An additional sprinkling of Parmesan is also quite delightful ! I leave that up to my family, some like some extra Parmesan, whereas I am happy with the dish as is from the slow-cooker.
Here are some more Slow-Cooker recipes we love !
Slow-Cooker Beef Ravioli
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 t Fresh Garlic crushed
- 700 g Lean Ground Beef ( 1 1/2 pounds )
- 2 cans (410g each) Tomato Puree
- 1 can (410g) Whole Tomatoes
- 1 t Sugar
- 1 t Dried Oregano
- 1 t Dried Italian Herbs
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 5 cups Spinach chopped
- 500 g Farfalle Pasta cooked and drained (Bow Tie Pasta) - *cooked and drained (Bow Tie Pasta)- ( 16 oz )
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese grated
- Heat the Olive Oil in a skillet - saute the Onion and Garlic until soft - add the Beef and cook until brown (drain excess fat if necessary) - transfer to slow-cooker
- Add the Tomato Puree, Whole Tomatoes, Sugar, Oregano and Italian Herbs to the Beef - season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper - cover the slow-cooker and cook on HIGH 3 - 4 hours (or LOW 6 -7 hours)
- During the last 30 minutes, add the Spinach and cooked Pasta, stir through - then add the Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheeses - stir through and cook until the Cheese has melted
- Add more Salt and Black Pepper if necessary